General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

I have no sense of when these things air, or even how they get away with saying fuck and whatnot, so thanks for the clarification. FWIW, that BFQ of Everything I posted... I didn't like it so much. Not nearly as much as the BFQ of the Year for 2021.

And I like Jonathan Ross, maybe it's because I haven't seen him in a whole hell of a lot besides these things.

1 minute ago, tristy said:

I have no sense of when these things air, or even how they get away with saying fuck and whatnot, so thanks for the clarification. FWIW, that BFQ of Everything I posted... I didn't like it so much. Not nearly as much as the BFQ of the Year for 2021.

And I like Jonathan Ross, maybe it's because I haven't seen him in a whole hell of a lot besides these things.

he's an executive producer on the show, and out of the first ten years he only missed one, so yeah I think it has more to do with overexposure (and that's coming from a non-brit, I'm sure its even worse over there). but if you haven't checked out the backlog of shows I definitely recommend them, they're generally good fun!

I actually don't mind him outside of BFQ and he's often fine even there, if a bit eyeroll-inducing. His looong bit this year was just too much for me, especially when he steamrolled his partner. The only BFQ regular that I dislike more often than not (when he's on BFQ) is Rob Brydon. He's fine enough on Would I Lie to You and whatnot, but he has such gratingly pedantic energy on BFQ.

13 hours ago, Jeringle All The Way said:

I thought Castle was really good, particularly in the early seasons. It fell away a bit towards the end.

The last two seasons were mostly....meh. 

I'm loving Fillion's current show, The Rookie.

The first three episodes of Peacemaker are up on HBO Max in the States and Crave in Canada.

We watched the first two last night, and they were fun as hell. John Cena and James Gunn are a match made in film heaven.

Also, it has one of my favorite intros of all time... and unsurprisingly for a Gunn product, the soundtrack is a banger.

Really enjoyed the final season of The Expanse. Gotta say it's one of my all time favourite shows. 

12 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

NBC may be reviving Quantum Leap, but as a sequel series with a new cast (ie, like the new Fantasy Island). Hopefully they get Scott Backula onboard and resolve the original show's shitty ending. 

Oh man, Quantum Leap and Sliders are the two shows I've been begging for some kind of revival of for years. Love that concept so much.