General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

19 hours ago, Gabriel said:

The first three episodes of Peacemaker are up on HBO Max in the States and Crave in Canada.

We watched the first two last night, and they were fun as hell. John Cena and James Gunn are a match made in film heaven.

Also, it has one of my favorite intros of all time... and unsurprisingly for a Gunn product, the soundtrack is a banger.

I'm really enjoying it, and I'd put the intro down as my favourite opening credits of all time.

I'm finally starting Righteous Gemstones and "and now she's gone.. and the magic is gone, too" was... kind of unsettling and sad and not 100% what I expected from this show but I'm all on board. 

I didn't want to rewatch too many shows this year, or any because of so many shows I have never watched being out there but damn that news about Raylan returning just makes me want to rewatch Justified again soooo bad.

In other news 1883 is a really, really solid show.

Being reported that King of the Hill is being revived by Greg Daniels & Mike Judge. They have a new company together called Bandera Entertainment, and so far there's a slate of shows they're working on - including one for Netflix - but one of the ones announced (with no other details given) is a KOTH revival. 

• Like 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Being reported that King of the Hill is being revived by Greg Daniels & Mike Judge. They have a new company together called Bandera Entertainment, and so far there's a slate of shows they're working on - including one for Netflix - but one of the ones announced (with no other details given) is a KOTH revival. 

Cloudy the minute this actually happens and goes live you @ me - OK?

• Like 3

Can do.

Also, Righteous Gemstones S1E05 (I know, I'm a season behind)

Spoiler

Had quite a few laugh out loud "WTF" moments/dialogue, but underneath it all, wow, what a sad fucking episode. Jesus Christ. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Well I guess we will find out if Hank Hill voted for Trump in 2016.

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2022 at 11:42, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I really really enjoyed it. There is some fun casting news for Season 2 if you're intrigued by that stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

We have two episodes to go. This is RPS the tv show. I could see how people would not love or be uncomfortable with the show. 

It is a very challenging show and very reflective of the world we live in. There is no real anatogonist or protagonist. Argument to argument, plot to plot, episode to episode our views of these characters changes. The closest we get from deviating from this is Rachel and Shane, the newly weds, where it is clear that he is overwhelming more of an asshole than she is. 

It's great. It would be high up on my year end list if I had watched it before Gogo started counting. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RPS said:

We have two episodes to go. This is RPS the tv show. I could see how people would not love or be uncomfortable with the show. 

It is a very challenging show and very reflective of the world we live in. There is no real anatogonist or protagonist. Argument to argument, plot to plot, episode to episode our views of these characters changes. The closest we get from deviating from this is Rachel and Shane, the newly weds, where it is clear that he is overwhelming more of an asshole than she is. 

It's great. It would be high up on my year end list if I had watched it before Gogo started counting. 

I haven't started counting yet and will not until Friday night at the earliest. You have time!