Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

Zelda storyline spoilers for Rito Village

Spoiler

I feel like I've missed some of the storyline, because in BOTW they were very clear like... go to these four locations because these robots are going wild, so sort it out.

But in TOTK it was like go to these four locations to look for Zelda, and when I got to one of them... there was a giant monster going wild.

Anyway, my wife and I both defeated the boss at Rito Village in different ways, which again I appreciate having options. I favoured hanging in the air and shooting through the glass, primarily when the monster came from below, but also whenever I could get off a shot, (thanks bat wing arrows).

My wife waited for the beast to go horizontal, and then dive bombed straight through the glass taking each one out in one shot. 

Reminds me of the elephant boss in BOTW, which she and I also did in very different ways. 

Also I love the ability to attach stuff to arrows, but man scrolling horizontally through like 100 options to get to the one I need really removes some of the flow from a battle. I feel like instead of just having everything in a row

[bomb flower] [fire flower] [bat wing] [different bat wing] [eyeball]....[different eye ball] [etc]

They could have gone horizontally and vertically based on type

[flowers]	[enemy stuff]	[food stuff]	[crystals]

[bomb flwr]   [bat wing]	[apple]			[ruby]
[fire flwr]   [eye ball]	[pumpkin]		[sapphire]

So scroll across to get to enemy stuff, then down to get to eye ball.

I figure once I get a fighting style down, all the frequently used stuff will be at one end, eyeball, wing, bomb, fire fruit, but rn, i'm doing a lot of scrolling.

Apparently if you get the tear memories out of order, it will spoil the story for you. Here's the order they should be done in. Glad I stumbled across this..  I was just about to grab #8, and I've only done #1.

Screenshot_20230520_104956_Reddit.jpg

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Apparently if you get the tear memories out of order, it will spoil the story for you. Here's the order they should be done in. Glad I stumbled across this..  I was just about to grab #8, and I've only done #1.

Screenshot_20230520_104956_Reddit.jpg

I thought the whole point was to get them in the order you find them, and then work out the story from the fragments? Collecting them in a set order goes against the whole point of the open world adventure?

Spoilers for after you get the camera and do the first camera mission

Spoiler

The upside down is fuckin buck wild. I can't believe how cool it is.

• Like 1

Koroks

Spoiler

My wife found hestu ages ago, and I still haven't. I've been piling up these korok seeds and have nothing to spend them on.

Edit: Obviously I'm avoiding hints and stuff for now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K said:

Koroks

Hide contents

My wife found hestu ages ago, and I still haven't. I've been piling up these korok seeds and have nothing to spend them on.

Edit: Obviously I'm avoiding hints and stuff for now

I stumbled across him once, but... (not a spoiler to location)

Spoiler

I was only able to get 2 upgrades before he bounced?? Like, no, get back here, I still have 15 seeds! Then he told me he was going somewhere else and I forget where.

Either way, I have now made it to Rito Village!

15 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I stumbled across him once, but... (not a spoiler to location)

Hide contents

I was only able to get 2 upgrades before he bounced?? Like, no, get back here, I still have 15 seeds! Then he told me he was going somewhere else and I forget where.

Either way, I have now made it to Rito Village!

That's what happened to my wife. She is waiting for me to find him so I can tell her where he went.

The Rito Village quest line, and the journey to the quest, was really good.

I just did a fun quest (Post camera spoiler)

Spoiler

down in the depths

really good. I've also started figuring out what to do with some of the things... like the zonalite and whatever, and also the

Spoiler

Poes down in the depths.

8 hours ago, RPS said:

Tears of the Kingdom... do the towers look the same as in the original? 

In the sense that they are both giant towers yes, but they are different models with different attributes and you use them differently.

That's not supposed to be sarcastic

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 03:10, K said:

In the sense that they are both giant towers yes, but they are different models with different attributes and you use them differently.

That's not supposed to be sarcastic

Not at all. I love the minimal information so it doesn't spoil me. 

This game is overwhelming and amazing. 

Really kind of feels like everyone was baking on Nintendo for the switch being outdated/obsolete and needing a Switch Pro or a brand new console and Nintendo was like "Oh yeah, how about this!"

I'm at the point in Tears of the Kingdom where I think I'll need to consult a guide. These sorts of games offer plenty of places to go, but I'm never any good at finding anything.

I'll also need to find a way to get better gear because I'm getting flattened by some of the weakest enemies around.

11 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm at the point in Tears of the Kingdom where I think I'll need to consult a guide. These sorts of games offer plenty of places to go, but I'm never any good at finding anything.

I'll also need to find a way to get better gear because I'm getting flattened by some of the weakest enemies around.

You need to be fusing weapons. All the weapons suck kind of on purpose. You need to defeat, say, a bobobkin, and then fuse his horn onto a weapon to defeat a stronger bobobkin, and so forth. You can sort your items by how much additional power they will give to your weapon by pressing y on your item menu 

The trap I fell into was only fusing weapons with environmental things, like rocks and whatever, but you need to think of it like how you craft food, and look at your held items.

It's also tough if you're one of those players that hoards items 'just in case'. The game really wants you to make things

• Like 3