Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

Oh man, for a second I thought they were going to put Mother 3 in at the end of that Earthbound/Earthbound Zero package. I think the internet would have melted.

lol, "Nintendo is finally making MK9 and we get to retire that copy of Mario Ka...oh wait, nevermind. MK8 DLC...."

That's interesting that they're using a course from the mobile game. And neat that they're throwing the season pass in with the premium Nintendo Online.

The Mario Kart stuff looks ace, I don't have on online membership at the moment but it feels a no brainer to get one rather than pay individually. Can you only get them from Nintendo or do they go on sale elsewhere like PS+ do?

16 minutes ago, Colly said:

The Mario Kart stuff looks ace, I don't have on online membership at the moment but it feels a no brainer to get one rather than pay individually. Can you only get them from Nintendo or do they go on sale elsewhere like PS+ do?

You have to get the online+ one which is more money and not worth it given how it's rolling out. The last set of maps will be available end of 2023! You'll have spent more on online+ by then than having bought the individual package. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LL! said:

Anyone for Clubs on Mario Strikers, lads?

N7 Koopas?

43 minutes ago, Colly said:

You can the basic Nintendo online membership up from resellers, not sure on the expansion pack one you'd need for the MK tracks. Looks like CD Keys as an example is 14 for a year versus 18 through Nintendo. I suppose there's the family pass route as well if you know someone with space or have a group that would split it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LL! said:

You have to get the online+ one which is more money and not worth it given how it's rolling out. The last set of maps will be available end of 2023! You'll have spent more on online+ by then than having bought the individual package. 

If you would play the Nintendo 64 games available and/or have Animal Crossing, the value of the Online+ subscription goes way up. I'm debating which way I would prefer to get the Mario tracks. I have been wanting to play a bunch of those 64 games, but I haven't yet found a good controller for that... and my wife has Animal Crossing, so the DLC for that being available through Online+ is nice.

If you can get a few people together, the family membership is quite appealing. You can also get a bit of discount if you have a regular active subscription.

On another subject, XCOM 2 is £3.99 on the eShop right now. The Switch may not be the best platform for it in terms of performance, but that's a great price.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LL! said:

Is that right? It looks like each 8 track pack is £23 unless I'm reading it wrong, so you're talking over £100 for the lot?

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is that right? It looks like each 8 track pack is £23 unless I'm reading it wrong, so you're talking over £100 for the lot?

Maybe I'm the one that was misunderstanding. I thought all together they were 25 bucks. If they aren't all one price then yeah of course it would be better to go with online+, but if it actually is 25 bucks each then that's absolutely fucked. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Triangle Strategy has a lot of exposition. The game timer is at over 1 hour, 30 minutes and I've had only one battle. I like it, though. The world and lore seem interesting and the one battle I had was enjoyable.

I downloaded it today, haven't had a chance to play it yet.