Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

14 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

I'm not one to notice usually, but Triangle Strategy's frame rate isn't great. The battles are a lot of fun though.

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei V and after going from a PS5 game to this it's so glaring. I assume it looks a lot smoother when I play my Switch as a handheld but on a 50 in screen it definitely stands out.

Not to say the game is bad (it's really great) but it's definitely something I notice a lot especially now that I'm playing on a next-gen console with settings at max.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei V and after going from a PS5 game to this it's so glaring. I assume it looks a lot smoother when I play my Switch as a handheld but on a 50 in screen it definitely stands out.

I'll let you keep believing that as long as you want, you poor innocent fella.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Any advice on good games for kids trying to learn how to play? Tried a few Mario games (Odessy, 3D World, and just grabbed U deluxe), but my son struggles and gets frustrated. 

If he's into Lego and Marvel like my son (4) is, then Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is kinda simple and co-op.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, michgcs said:

If he's into Lego and Marvel like my son (4) is, then Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 is kinda simple and co-op.

I think we have that one! We haven't played much of it, but maybe we'll go back to it. 

11 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Any advice on good games for kids trying to learn how to play? Tried a few Mario games (Odessy, 3D World, and just grabbed U deluxe), but my son struggles and gets frustrated. 

I'm your man. 

For any game, you'll need to accompany him, because kids suck and they get frustrated. 

The Paw Patrol Games are great. It's a super easy Mario platformer game. My 7 year old is bored of it, but my 5 year old still loves it. 

The Kirby games are perfect. We have played Star Allies as a family. It's great. Works best with 4 human players but the AI is great. 

Yoshi's Crafted World is also great. Easy to play.

My youngest is just getting Minecraft now. I always play flat world with nothing in it and we can build together. Can be frustrating but still fun and rewarding. 

For kids, what I find they love is switching games. My son will want to play like 5 games in one sitting. Buy a bunch of the cheap fun games - Boomerang Fu, Party Golf, etc. A lot of these games are just a few bucks on sale, but anyone can play them. If my kids are getting frustrated with a game, I just throw it on. 

• Like 2

My son found a game he likes and can play with minimal help! Yoshi Crafted World. He has been playinjg the demo the past few days, so my wife said this morning we should get it for him... which is good, because it is on sale!

• Like 5

That's a great call! I played through that with my partner and it was great! When there was a platforming part that one of us was having problems with, one Yoshi can essentially carry the other one through it. There might be other anti-frustration features as well.

21 minutes ago, apsham said:

That's a great call! I played through that with my partner and it was great! When there was a platforming part that one of us was having problems with, one Yoshi can essentially carry the other one through it. There might be other anti-frustration features as well.

Looks like the easy-mode gives the Yoshi wings to basically fly, and a lot more health, which is nice!

• Like 3

On 02/03/2022 at 20:37, Ruki Returns said:

Yoshi’s Crafted World

It was the first game my son played with me, has forgiving controls, and my son loved it. He actually cried when we completed the game.

The Kirby game for switch may also be a good shout.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, IDOL said:

Yoshi’s Crafted World

It was the first game my son played with me, has forgiving controls, and my son loved it. He actually cried when we completed the game.

The Kirby game for switch may also be a good shout.

He is really liking the game! Too much, even... as he had a meltdown come bedtime tonight lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...