Nintendo Megathread 2024

K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to go play some Mario Kart with the spouse the other dayyyy....

and the thing won't turn on. Has anyone encountered this on their own? When I plug it into the dock, the dock initially lights up but the screen doesn't.

I tried to remove it from the dock and charge it that way, and still nothing.

Please tell me there's a fix for this.

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Went to go play some Mario Kart with the spouse the other dayyyy....

and the thing won't turn on. Has anyone encountered this on their own? When I plug it into the dock, the dock initially lights up but the screen doesn't.

I tried to remove it from the dock and charge it that way, and still nothing.

Please tell me there's a fix for this.

Have you tried a hard reset? I believe you just have to hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release. Then press power once. Do this handheld, not with the dock. 

On 04/06/2022 at 11:54, LL! said:

Have you tried a hard reset? I believe you just have to hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release. Then press power once. Do this handheld, not with the dock. 

Success!

Thank you for that. I really didn't want to have to deal with buying another one.

• Like 1

Regarding Persona it's 3, 4, and 5 all getting a release on Switch. Nothing hugely noteworthy on this, fair amount of ports and then a look at some intriguing new games. Total of 24 third party games.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23185421/nintendo-direct-mini-june-2022-partner-showcase-persona-monster-hunter-minecraft

16 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Wooo - Megaman Battle Network - yes!

I have spent three years hoping for this on every Direct that comes up and it was exciting to see it finally happen.

Persona is bitter sweet. It's coming to the Series X with better performance and visuals - and since I have GamePass - at no extra charge. Much rather play it on Switch... so who knows. I'll probably still buy them. Especially Persona 4.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ruki said:

Harvestella looked neat. I'm excited to try the Live A Live demo later! And I was hoping for info on the leaked Fire Emblem game.... but I knew it was unlikely at a mini direct. 

Agreed on Harvestella. As a Stardew Valley fan, it looks like a roided up version and it's Square Enix delivering those roids. I'll likely pick it up. 

10 hours ago, damhausen said:

Yeah I'm keeping an eye on Harvestella. 

Might grab the Live a Live demo... or just wait for the whole game in a few weeks.

I played the chapter of the martial arts master last night (you get to name the martial art, which is neat)... it wasn't too long, and the battle system is pretty unique. I'm gonna be enjoying that when it comes out. 

Edit: completed the Shinobi one. I think I was supposed to be stealthy... after each battle the number of slain went up, oops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...