X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Nice, spaceships and customization options. I'm glad they got to that because this was feeling very 'Fallout 4 In Spaaaaaaaaaaaace!' otherwise.

Hopefully in that vein we can just sack the main story off, get a spaceship and just spend the rest of the game on wacky adventures and smuggling runs.

That was a relentless showcase, by which I mean that we were bombarded with so many games that it was hard for most of them to sink in.

What I particularly liked was that the vast majority of the games were new IPs. I'm so sick of the old "Here's just a logo for a sequel - pre-order it now, you plebs" approach to these kinds of events.

• Like 1

Just now, FLiam said:

I don’t think I have ever played one.

I like Yakuza, is that a JRPG?

Yakuza games are better described as action games, although Like a Dragon is more akin to a JRPG. JRPGs tend to focus on team-based battles and are often turn-based. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are probably the most popular JRPG series.

Persona is half dungeon crawling with turn-based combat and half teenager life simulator. It's in the latter category that the series really shines. You plan out your social activities, which then impact upon your combat options. It's rather quirky, but surprisingly engaging.

• Like 2