X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

13 minutes ago, apsham said:

Control is on sale right now so it's the perfect time to grab it, along with the DLC before it's gone.

Yeah, that's a standard tactic for games coming off GP - Microsoft discount the games by round 20% in the run up to them leaving. 

I thought there was just a standard discount throughout a titles time in Game Pass, sort of a way to entice you into buying it permanently, I didn't realise it was tied to when it was being removed.

2 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I thought there was just a standard discount throughout a titles time in Game Pass, sort of a way to entice you into buying it permanently, I didn't realise it was tied to when it was being removed.

There is a discount when it's on GamePass in general, yeah - I don't know if they're saying that it starts at 10% and bumps to 20% closer to release though.

So every time I start to enjoy Dying Light 2 it makes this really obnoxious noise that never stops. With other games you would hear that noise and the game would crash but this game never crashes it just makes the noise. Maybe cut down on the "500 hours of gameplay" and fix that noise?

14 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Does it hurt to constantly keep a game in Quick Resume? Like Dying Light 2 doesn't really have save points and I never know if I'm going to lose progress so I've just been keeping it running lately

I've had instances in games (Guardians of the Galaxy) that have never left my Quick Resume for days, and they've done some odd things like slowed down massively, been glitchy, etc. - it's all down to how the game makers implement their stuff. As a general rule, I'll hard close down something every 1-2 days or so depending on how much I'm using it but theoretically you should be fine. If things act up, it'd be step 1 of me problem solving though.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if I really trust quick resume unless I can back out to a menu. I lost progress a couple of times on FH5 but I'm not sure if that's not down to the weird way it saves, like I think I ended up reading that you have to essentially force a save by going to one of your houses or whatever.

Apparently it screws with your 'play time' as well as it can treat it as if you've been playing the entire time the system was off. But of a trivial one but some people are interested in how long it took them to beat a game etc.

I didn't realise that quick resume worked on backwards compatible stuff as well. I keep being surprised when I open Timesplitters 2 and it's just on the main menu. This might be a way to finally do that 14 day survivor thing in Dead Rising :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

As dumb as it sounds, I love the fact that lawn mower simulatorn coming to game pass march 10th so I no longer have to stream play it. Its a surpringly relaxing game. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Regia said:

As dumb as it sounds, I love the fact that lawn mower simulatorn coming to game pass march 10th so I no longer have to stream play it. Its a surpringly relaxing game. 

20 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Lawn Mowing Simulator is a much more exciting prospect for me than Guardians of the Galaxy.

Please note that your complimentary Dad Kits are in the mail as I type.

2 hours ago, Regia said:

To think Kirkland died for this to happen.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1