Steam/PC Mega Thread 2023

Mick

I reserved mine two weeks ago, got the email to buy this Monday. I think the same day it shipped was the day they announced reservations were done for now and you could just buy it straight up.

As with every console - advertised 64GBs isn’t true. I’ve got New Vegas, Bayonetta, Sands of Time and Chrono Trigger installed and only have like 4 gigs left. Those aren’t big games at all.

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

There are reasonably priced SD cards that load games almost as quickly as the SSD on the other models.

Oh, yeah, I already bought a 512GB A2 card with a read/write speed of (up to) 130MB p/s. But it’s still annoying. That’s maybe a total of like 25GBs of games I have on there, and then the OS and whatnot takes up the rest of the room.

I’m trying to get a grip on the Linux desktop so I can do stuff like add Gamepass through the Edge browser, and emulation. Already got my Epic and GOG accounts up and running through the Heroic Launcher.

Edited by tristy

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Disco Elysium Final Cut is available for $11. What's everyone's take on it?

I have not finished it but I've 17.5hrs into it and it's been great. As Bobfoc says, it definitely requires a lot of reading and I've never played anything like it but it's been really good if you like that style of game (which I do). I'm also very slow with these kind of games as I get side tracked while reading sometimes so my 17.5 hours may not be that much actual game time when I come to think about it. I do want to go back and finish it but just haven't taken the time yet,.

On 10/09/2022 at 21:14, lanky316 said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/845890/Moonbreaker/

As someone who remembers the original concept for Warhammer Online before they started playing catch up and went with a standard MMO.... I am kind of interested in seeing how this actually plays. 

Good news. They've scrapped the loot box system.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 11:08, Ruki said:

I tried it for just under 2 hours, it is a good game, very interesting too. But it feels like something I would fall off on. 

It's something you'll play for a few hours at a time, forget about, then get back into and forget everything you've done before, and right when you remember everything and get back into it, you'll fall off again. I've had it for over a year now on the Series S and I'm maybe 15 hours in, if that. Great game, but it's tedious as fuck.

I think the last time I played, my character turned into a racist communist.

• 3 weeks later...