Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

The Spiderman game is so good. I'm looking forward to it coming out on PC so I can complete it again. I still need to do the DLC actually. Fantastic game though.

• Like 5

In case anyone didn't want to watch that video, and they also live under a rock, GoW: Ragnarok is out on November 9th.

The collector's edition and Jötnar edition were revealed too:

• Standard: If you buy the PS4 version and you eventually want the PS5 version, that'll be an extra $10. Otherwise, it's just the base game and nothing else. I'm sure it'll be $59.99 and $69.99 respectively for the PS4 and PS5 versions.
  • Digital Deluxe: the full game, Darkdale armor for Kratos & and Darkdale attire for Atreus, Darkdale handles for the Blades of Chaos and the Leviathan Axe, digital soundtrack, digital artbook, avatar set and a PS4 theme. NOTE: the armor and handles are also unlockable through the game, so they aren't exclusive
  • Collector's Edition: comes packaged in a Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine box, includes everything in the Digital Deluxe edition, in addition to the full game (digital voucher), a steelbook, two 2" Vanir twins "wooden" toy carvings, a Dwarven dice set and a 16" replica of Mjölnir
  • Jötnar Edition: comes packaged in a Knowledge Keeper's Shrine box, includes everything in the Digital Deluxe edition, in addition to the full game (digital voucher), a steelbook, 7" vinyl with two songs from the soundtrack by Bear McCreary, Falcon/Bear/Wolf pin set, Draupnir ring, Brok's dice set, Yggdrasil cloth map, two 2" Vanir twins "wooden" toy carvings, and a 16" replica of Mjölnir

No prices given, and presales go live on the 15th.

I'm sure the two expensive editions will piss people off, since no physical game is included. I still think the best course of action is to offer a Physical and Digital version of stuff like Collector's editions. I believe Horizon did that? Or maybe it was all digital too, I can't remember.

Anyway - 20 minutes later, Forspoken moved its release date to January 24th, 2023. They claim the game is done and they're just polishing it, but the internet talk~! is that they moved it because of God of War releasing a month later.

Edited by tristy

34 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I can't remember which game it was, but there was one special edition that didn't include a copy of the game at all, let alone a digital one.

That was the $130 version of Battlefield 1 - where you could pay $190 if you wanted the luxury of ALSO owning the game.... 's base version. Add another 20 if you wanted the deluxe.

All in all, I enjoyed my time with God of War - I was sick when it came out and I blazed through it in a couple of days but looking back on it I don't really have any connection to it and I have no real excitement for the sequel. At the very least, being so into it in such a short period of time led me to Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology so I consider it an overall win.

• Confused 1

I don't know about non-US residents, but because today (and yesterday) are Amazon Prime Day(s), they have PS5 compatible internal SSD expansion cards on sale. I grabbed a WD_BLACK 1TB (w/ heatsink) for $113 - it's usually $160.

But I also had $250 worth on Amazon giftcards because of my birthday last Sunday, so any price would have been okay really. I just lucked out and Prime Day was two days later.

• Like 2