Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

I had a lot of fun with UFC 4, though it gets super tedious after a while. In career mode, I don't think I've had a single fight over several years go out of the first round because I just focus everything on big fuck-off head kicks. It's immensely satisfying, but does get old eventually.

If you're not up to date with current names or anything, it's not so much of a big deal, as there's a lot of older and weirder names in there to play as too - GSP, CM Punk, Bruce Lee, Matt Hughes, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Kimbo Slice, Dan Severn, Royce Gracie, Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua. You can even play as Dana White or Bruce Buffer for some reason.

There are "Kumite" settings to make it all a bit more arcadey and fantastical, and to do openweight fights. 

I probably wouldn't have ever recommended buying it, but definitely worth getting as a freebie.

On 28/01/2022 at 15:54, Baddar said:

I would have picked up the Uncharted PS5 release today, IF I could find my copy of Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy anywhere. 😏

Bit the bullet and re-purchased Uncharted 4 for £8. Bit surprised that CEX didn't hike the price of it due to this upgrade method.

No doubt my other copy will show up soon.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Bit the bullet and re-purchased Uncharted 4 for £8. Bit surprised that CEX didn't hike the price of it due to this upgrade method.

No doubt my other copy will show up soon.

Is it a free upgrade? I probably should have done the same when I was at CEX today with that in mind...

12 minutes ago, Liam said:

Is it a free upgrade? I probably should have done the same when I was at CEX today with that in mind...

£10 to upgrade if you own either Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy, but it can't be the versions obtained via PS+. You'll need the PS4 disc each time you want to play the PS5 version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

£10 to upgrade if you own either Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy, but it can't be the versions obtained via PS+. You'll need the PS4 disc each time you want to play the PS5 version.

Yeah this turned me off from it.

My understanding is Witcher III is different any any version of the game will get the PS5 upgrade. But who knows if they throw a curveball at some point, it's Sony.

Dp0Izlb.png

This was posted yesterday and it's already out of date due to the Bungie acquisition.

But Bungie joining Sony has more to do with their technology that Sony wants, instead of making games apparently. And another part of it is that Bungie joined up with Sony because they want to expand their IPs into film & television.

Edited by tristy

March? Fuck. I don’t know if it’s good, or bad, but because of the pandemic and it causing delays and stuff, all of these games are now releasing really close together. That’s good, because we’re finally getting a steady stream of current gen releases, but also my bank account will hate me for it over the course of this year and beyond.

Sifu, Horizon, Elden Ring, Ghostwire, Forspoken, Midnight Sons. All I need now is Pragmata to announce a release date, and then the AEW game… ughhh.

Yeah there were clear delays and all these games got pushed back to around the same time. I still have a couple of last year's games to play through. Pro is that I'll save money since most of these games will be discounted/packaged with DLC when I get them. Con is I'll be waiting awhile longer to play them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, damshow said:

Yeah there were clear delays and all these games got pushed back to around the same time. I still have a couple of last year's games to play through. Pro is that I'll save money since most of these games will be discounted/packaged with DLC when I get them. Con is I'll be waiting awhile longer to play them.

Pretty much this. Hell, I'm just now playing Witcher 3 (that will then hopefully be PS5 upgraded by the halfway point.)

• Like 1