Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

Liam

Completed my second game!

SQ_NSwitchDS_WhatTheGolf.jpg

What The Golf?

My plan isn't to buy and then complete each game that I buy necessarily, but this was just really good fun and very easy to pick up and play after a day at work. Worth noting here that this was just a play to the end rather than a 100% completion, though I do see myself perhaps going back and knocking off the old hole here and there. There are some legitimately clever/funny moments in the game - not much in the way of challenge.

As for what I bought?...decided to save this for the moment as there is both a)nothing I definitely want and b)nothing on sale that tickles my fancy. Will wait for the next decent Switch sale to grab something, I feel.

• Like 3

I completed a third game.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1635837696

Unpacking

This was largely purchased at the end of 2021 as I wanted to play it whilst also being on the shorter side so being an easy complete if needed. For a game about unpacking, I found the literal unpacking of the boxes the most annoying part...otherwise, fun and different enough to be worth a go.

• Like 4

On 09/01/2022 at 19:15, Ruki Returns said:

I think it was after the new year that I beat Tales of Arise? Really fun JRPG. Now I am playing Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. It's not a technical marvel, but I am really liking the voice acting and turn based combat (plus more lore in a world I like). After I beat that it's Persona 5 Strikers!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd done! Really liked the game! A bunch of bugs and crashes, but the story and combat was a lot of fun Gonna take a break with the PS5 and play Hitman 3 since that arrived on Gamepass!

• Like 1

Game number four completed!

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1642443166

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

This was one I started last year, but had hit a bit of a roadblock of interest. However, I actually sat down and gave it some time and completed it (fancy that - you play a game more than once every few weeks and you end up completing it...). What that did mean is that I largely missed chunks of what was going on in the storyline, though I often feel that the Ys games I've played are more about the action and the music, which this one did particularly well. 

My plan is to head out and buy some games later today, so will be back with my purchases.

• Like 1

Playing games on Twitch on Thursdays and Sundays has meant I actually complete games now. I never have done that often in the past, I often run out of steam.

Anyway, over the last few months I have streamed and completed:

Alien Isolation
Hitman (main missions)
Hitman 2 (main missions)
Until Dawn
Man of Medan

And am working through The Occupation and about to start Hellblade.

A great excuse to play and complete games!

• Like 1

Completed another from the backlog and got the platinum of Horizon Zero Dawn, such a beautiful, fun game, some of the collectables were a pain, more so the grazer dummies as there was no way to track them and the hunting grounds were fun, played some of the frozen wild's DLC and is pretty fun, looking forward to Forbidden West more  now

• Like 1

I meant to post in here my purchases. Having completed 4 games and only bought one, I had 3 potential purchases to make. I made two.

H2x1_NSwitch_TheBindingOfIsaacAfterbirth

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

I've got the original on Playstation, but fancied trying it out on Switch with the update (and will probably pick up Repentance DLC soon).

51101738807_8bc06b6086.jpg

NEO: The World Ends With You

Been wanting to check it out for a while (bought on Playstation), but might watch the anime as I didn't play the first game and fancy catching up on what happened.

I am trying to cut through some of my bigger games recently - the focus has been on Tales of Arise, though I have also done a bit more of Bravely Default II on Switch.

Going through my ever growing backlog, I decided to give a proper playthrough of Life is Strange which I apparently completed the first episode back in 2017. Played through, got the platinum which came alot easier than Horizon Zero Dawn but the game is so beautiful and the story was amazing, honestly cannot believe I never completed it back then but really enjoyed it, if you have put it off playing would say its worth doing more so now that remastered version has released as well. The rate I'm going I may clear 2017 before taking another 5 years to get caught up to date with 2022

• Like 2

On 05/02/2022 at 13:36, RPS said:

@Liam binding of Isaac is my GOAT, so at me when you need help. 

From when I first played it on Playstation, I'm just never 100% sure that I'm making much in the way of progress. I know that there is an element of randomness about it, but I wonder if there are some key strategies I should be considering when it comes to making progress.

3 hours ago, Liam said:

From when I first played it on Playstation, I'm just never 100% sure that I'm making much in the way of progress. I know that there is an element of randomness about it, but I wonder if there are some key strategies I should be considering when it comes to making progress.

Ok, so for the most part, making progress in the game is done four ways: 

1. Making it further/later floors in the game in general. 

2. Making it further/later floors in the game with certain characters

3. Unlocking things through various achievements (for example, blowing up enough rocks, getting enough money, etc.) 

4. Doing set challenges. 

If I were you, I would play as one character, try to make it further/the later floors as much as possible with that one character and when you have completed all the unlocks with that character, move on. 

The characters in the game can be unlocked in not obvious ways. One character unlocks by having a set number of red hearts. Another character unlocks by taking a set number of "devil deals" (ie, when you beat the main boss and avoid taking damage, you can swap red hearts for great items). I would avoid doing this for now and play like 10 or so runs with Isaac and just see how far you could get. 

In general, my advice to you early on is this: always pick up items early on to see how they interact and work to see if you like it. If you end up with a devil deal and you have health, take it just to see what it does. Look for tinted rocks (google it) because they give you blue hearts. Blow up tinted rocks. Always go for blue and black hearts. 

• Like 1

Not exactly the right sort of thing for this thread (as I completed the main game last year), but I did get round to platinuming The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles just now.

Now if only I'd get serious about finishing Nier Automata, P5 Strikers or the like...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Not exactly the right sort of thing for this thread (as I completed the main game last year), but I did get round to platinuming The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles just now.

Now if only I'd get serious about finishing Nier Automata, P5 Strikers or the like...

Nier Automata is fantastic. And I am enjoying Strikers, so you should play that!

2 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

And I am enjoying Strikers, so you should play that!

The following is a summary of my experience this morning:

"Okay, first time I've played this in months... Where was I? Somewhere in the middle of the 3rd snowy Jail, I think."

[save file places me right before the boss of the 2nd Jail]

"......This makes no sense to me because I remember much of Sapporo in detail, but okay. Maybe I watched a Let's Play on Youtube?"

[play an hour, do lots of useful stuff with persona fusing etc.]

"Wait a minute, this definitely can't be my latest save. I have a trophy for maxing Panther's Master Arts and she doesn't have them here."

[figure out that my later save MIGHT be what's stored in the Cloud, but in order to check I need to download it and overwrite everything I've just done. I decide to take the risk.]

"Aha! THIS save is in Sapporo! And... my levels, personas etc. are all garbage. Was I not even TRYING when I last played this?"

So yeah, I wasted an hour and now have to do a bunch of stuff all over again. 😭

pathless-cover.cover_large.jpg

The Pathless

Game number five was a really fun offering with a very unique movement system. The only real issue I had was that I was less happy with a lot of the aerial movement, which was a big focus of the last area. Still, worth a look at around 5 hours or so and a lot left for potential completionists.

With two games available to purchase if I wanted, I bought:

81wjrDwEKEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Everspace

Already looks like a game I'm going to find way too hard, but we shall see.

• Like 1