Games Wot I (or We) Complete in 2022

Liam

Finally completed Guardians of the Galaxy. 

An excellent game that holds true to the Guardians of the Galaxy name in humour and style. Really enjoyable story, the gameplay is fun and tbh it's probably one of my favourite games that I've completed in sometime. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Persona 5 Strikers yesterday. Currently contemplating whether it's worth all the necessary grinding to platinum it (mainly I have to max the Bond levels out at Lv.99 and am currently at only Lv.54).

...Or in other words, obviously I'm going to do that and am just taking a day out to cry in mourning at my own stupidity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Completed Persona 5 Strikers yesterday. Currently contemplating whether it's worth all the necessary grinding to platinum it (mainly I have to max the Bond levels out at Lv.99 and am currently at only Lv.54).

...Or in other words, obviously I'm going to do that and am just taking a day out to cry in mourning at my own stupidity.

I finished last week. I thought about the trophies, but they seemed grindy so I decided to move on.

• Like 1

The Occupation completed on-stream. Good game. Prologue good for setting up background and feel, first "proper" mission excellent, second "proper" mission very good. Flashbacks and incidental bits ok. Third and fourth "proper" missions alright but definitely loved the set up of having an hour to sneak around offices and corridors to find evidence while the clock was ticking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K said:

i'm two missions/four moons away from completing Super Mario Odyssey, and I don't see myself getting them any time soon. Really annoyed.

This reminds of the position I've been in with Crash Bandicoot 3 (relics/gems) for a couple of decades now. Sometimes you have to come to terms with Not Being Good Enough. :( 

Deathloop

Absolutely wonderful game and really enjoyable to play. Definetly recommend it if you haven't played it. Working through the different leads and trying to find the best way to complete the levels is really fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah I completed Harry Potter 1 and 2 for the PS1 for like the 5th time each. I love them, but they aren't incredible games. Blame the nostalgia goggles.

• Like 3

I beat Tunic! A delightful blend of Legend of Zelda and Soulslike (sorta). Hidden mechanics and shortcuts that will just blow your mind as you discover them! 

Spoiler

I had read that there was a true ending, so I wanted to make sure I got that. Didn't realize it bypassed the last boss completely.

Also! Holy shit, the fairy puzzles + the page 1/2 of the manual? How is anybody supposed to figure that out?!

• Like 2

Jedi Academy

Now, I will start by saying I have beaten this in the past, but that was maybe ten years ago at the earliest.  The game has not really aged well and it shows. The AI is horrible. For example, one of the Force powers you can learn is Force Grip. Not only do you get to choke people out Darth Vader style, but at full strength you can toss them around like rag dolls. It's hilarious, really. As you fight those that are stronger in the Force, they'll do the prudent thing and Force Push you off them, breaking Grip. 

Except they tend to do this when they're over chasms, so yeah, they're free....falling. To their deaths. 

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy! Was really so much fun and exactly what the Avengers game should have been if they didn't get greedy with the live service garbage

Spoiler

Had such a great story and I really felt like I built a team and a family. Was surprisingly emotional stuff for a Marvel game. When we all came together and sang Drax's battle hymn before the Fin Fang Foom fight I got legit choked up. The writing was hilarious too especially Drax his stuff was the best.

They also gave surprising depth to characters like Cosmo who I always thought was kind of a throwaway character but I was really invested in his arc and helping him out

• Like 3

I generally try to keep track of this in a draft in my gmail so here's what I've gotten to credits on thusfar in 2022:

1. Astro's Playroom. Fun little showcase of the PS5's new features, one of the best pack-in new console games in a good while. Very short, of course, so this was sort of a freebie.

2. Psychonauts. Started it in early fall and between heavy work and how absolutely frustrating some of the platforming was it took me about five months to actually complete it. Very much a game where how into the world I was managed to trump how unfun it was to play. Looking forward to playing Psychonauts 2, which from what I've heard keeps the great world/story but also nails the gameplay better!

3. Yakuza 3. Definitely the worst Yakuza game I've played but the other ones were the Kiwami games and Yakuza 0 so yeah, obviously the less thorough remaster was going to not be as good. But if that was the worst of the series, as I've heard, I'm definitely going to have a perfectly good time getting through the rest of it because I still enjoyed my time with 3 just fine. The story felt like a little perfunctory to be honest, unlike Kiwami/Kiwami 2/Yakuza 0 there weren't really loads and loads of crazy twists and turns, you could pretty much predict all of the big beats a mile away. Looking forward to getting to Yakuza 4 later on in the year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

3. Yakuza 3. Definitely the worst Yakuza game I've played but the other ones were the Kiwami games and Yakuza 0 so yeah, obviously the less thorough remaster was going to not be as good. But if that was the worst of the series, as I've heard, I'm definitely going to have a perfectly good time getting through the rest of it because I still enjoyed my time with 3 just fine. The story felt like a little perfunctory to be honest, unlike Kiwami/Kiwami 2/Yakuza 0 there weren't really loads and loads of crazy twists and turns, you could pretty much predict all of the big beats a mile away. Looking forward to getting to Yakuza 4 later on in the year.

I've played through all the Yakuza games as they've been coming to Gamepass (and I actually just started playing Judgement last night on PS5), 3 is indeed the weakest of the series! If I'm not mistaken, 3 had the bad habit of almost every enemy blocking literally every strike. But 4, 5 and 6 are all great in their own ways. And Like A Dragon is a huge departure of the series, but is actually my favorite. 

On 15/04/2022 at 03:05, Your Mom said:

Guardians of the Galaxy! Was really so much fun and exactly what the Avengers game should have been if they didn't get greedy with the live service garbage

Hide contents

Had such a great story and I really felt like I built a team and a family. Was surprisingly emotional stuff for a Marvel game. When we all came together and sang Drax's battle hymn before the Fin Fang Foom fight I got legit choked up. The writing was hilarious too especially Drax his stuff was the best.

They also gave surprising depth to characters like Cosmo who I always thought was kind of a throwaway character but I was really invested in his arc and helping him out

Spoiler

It's criminal that the conversation between Drax and Peter when you arrive on Nowhere for the first time is possible to miss entirely because it's one of the best things in the game for me.

I had the same feeling! I enjoyed playing Avengers, I enjoyed the story but the way that the game was structured was an entire no go for me. This is exactly what I wanted that to be, and I actually came out of it realizing that now - these were my Guardians. I tried to rewatch the movies and it just wasn't the same - and they were one of the only parts of the MCU that I still really enjoyed.

• Like 1

Just finished Triangle Strategy. The story and acting isn't perfect, but I really liked the gameplay! Apparently there are 4 different endings you can get. If you like turn based strategy rpgs I'd say check it out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Just finished Triangle Strategy. The story and acting isn't perfect, but I really liked the gameplay! Apparently there are 4 different endings you can get. If you like turn based strategy rpgs I'd say check it out.

I'd be interested to find out what choices you made.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'd be interested to find out what choices you made.

Spoiler

- went to Hyzante

- protected Roland

-refused to smuggle salt

- defended the Roselle

- protected the Roselle against bandits

- and went with Frederica's plan... because fuck letting Hyzante rule everything and keeping the Roselle as slaves. Benedict's plan was damn convincing, but couldn't do it.

Pretty much always the good choices