Bob Saget has passed away

The Buscher

I'm not sure how much Bob Saget is known this side of the Atlantic?

I don't remember Full House being on TV at all. Maybe it was but it wasn't something that was ever on in my house. I mostly know him from How I Met Your Mother.

Still I made an auidble "aw" when I read the news he'd died. My Twitter feed has been various US comedians just sharing how much they liked him.

Full House and Full House repeats were a big part of my childhood, I reckon it's the same story for a lot of people in the US

• Like 2

More than Full House, America's Funniest Home Videos was basically appointment viewing when I was really young. Parents would always put it on and we'd sit around the TV and laugh.

He brought so much joy to everyone.

I was recently watching the clip from his Comedy Central Roast where Norm deliberately bombed and Bob was absolutely losing it while the crowd sits in stunned silence is amazing. He absolutely always got the joke. What a great, funny guy.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

I'm not sure how much Bob Saget is known this side of the Atlantic?

I don't remember Full House being on TV at all. Maybe it was but it wasn't something that was ever on in my house. I mostly know him from How I Met Your Mother.

Still I made an auidble "aw" when I read the news he'd died. My Twitter feed has been various US comedians just sharing how much they liked him.

Full House and AFV reruns were pretty constant any time I went to Norway in the '90s so maybe it's country-by-country.

I'm quite sure Full House never aired on free television here in the UK. I only found out about its existence years later.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

I was recently watching the clip from his Comedy Central Roast where Norm deliberately bombed and Bob was absolutely losing it while the crowd sits in stunned silence is amazing. He absolutely always got the joke. What a great, funny guy.

The only footage I've seen from that roast was of several people joking about him sexually assaulting the Olsen twins. It's disturbing to see everyone laughing about it.

23 hours ago, damshow said:

More than Full House, America's Funniest Home Videos was basically appointment viewing when I was really young. Parents would always put it on and we'd sit around the TV and laugh.

That Norm Macdonald bit is seriously some of the greatest few minutes of comedy ever 🤣

I absolutely loved Bob Saget. Whether it was AFHV, Full House, or doing raunchy stand up, he just always made me happier. I will absolutely miss this man.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2022 at 12:33, damshow said:

Dude, me and my kids still laugh at that shit.

Bob Saget was awesome, this really sucks. Wholesome dad, vulgar comedian, total pro.

Really sucks to lose Americas Grandma and Americas Dad within 10 days of each other. The house feels a little less full now. :(

Grew up with Full House and Americas Funniest Home Videos. And cant forget him as the voice of Future Ted on How I Met Your Mother.  Sad that he won't really be around in the actual 2030. Devastating loss for the world of comedy and the world as a whole. I'm sure him and  Norm Macdonald are already roasting each other.