General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

On 16/07/2022 at 09:09, TheGrandAvatar said:

Oh. I'm so interested in the new Saints Row. 1-3 have a lot of good memories about those games and the fun mission variety with the crazy characters and story. 

I adored 2 and 3 so I've got my hopes up for it. Should be a good time. Speaking of, I've still barely touched 4. Maybe I give it a go.

• Like 1

Fuga Melodies of Steel has a free demo of the first three chapters which carries over to the main game. I played the first two last night, and it's a cool little game. There's not a lot to the gameplay, but it seems like there would be lots of strategy and potential story heartbreak. But I can imagine the aesthetic might turn some people off as being weeby/furry.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 05:56, Owen said:

I adored 2 and 3 so I've got my hopes up for it. Should be a good time. Speaking of, I've still barely touched 4. Maybe I give it a go.

Saints Row IV is a lot of fun. I enjoyed it more than III just because the developers seemed to say 'fuck it' while making it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mick said:

Saints Row IV is a lot of fun. I enjoyed it more than III just because the developers seemed to say 'fuck it' while making it. 

The 3rd was a lot of fun. But the whackyness of IV was a pure delight to play in a lot of ways. Saints Row have mostly had a decent soundtrack through their history of the games. So looking forward to what tracks could be included this time. 

Been playing Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous on and off. The main game is good, very similar to Kingmaker... but the side game, in this case the Crusade, is actively bad. Oh boy. I had to turn it off. My level 3 army couldn't handle level 1 zombies? Screw that. And it's so slow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

My fiancée and I started Raft on Sunday and we've put 15hrs into it already. Really fun game and very addicting.

Likely going to be my wife and I as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 9 to 5 said:

That's such a you two game.

Yep. She had her usual ragey moments in the first few hours but once you start gathering more supplies and expanding the Raft, the frustrating aspect goes away and you're able to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Baddar said:

Yep. She had her usual ragey moments in the first few hours but once you start gathering more supplies and expanding the Raft, the frustrating aspect goes away and you're able to enjoy it.

Can you play split screen or you set up with two systems? 

18 hours ago, Baddar said:

My fiancée and I started Raft on Sunday and we've put 15hrs into it already. Really fun game and very addicting.

Well we went a slightly different route - Mrs. Krabby started playing The Forest a couple of weeks ago so I picked that up last night and we put in a few hours - a lot of fun! I handle the combat duties while she plans out our shelter stuff and what we need :P

• Like 1

I don't think it's split screen, no. We both have our own laptop.

Just now, Krabby said:

Well we went a slightly different route - Mrs. Krabby started playing The Forest a couple of weeks ago so I picked that up last night and we put in a few hours - a lot of fun! I handle the combat duties while she plans out our shelter stuff and what we need :P

We played that a couple of years ago! Definitely picking up the sequel.

9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I don't think it's split screen, no. We both have our own laptop.

We played that a couple of years ago! Definitely picking up the sequel.

Nice! Yeah, Sons of the Forest is definitely on the Wishlist already haha

• Like 1