General Gaming Thread - 2022

RPS

The only feature I want from that game is the feature of not a single cent going to JK Rowling. But that's not going to happen so it's a non-starter for me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Forky said:

It boasts a lot of features that I would want. It looks nice. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

Yeah - as I was watching this I couldn't believe how it kept going with more and more and more. Granted, I'm almost sure that thing is getting pushed into 2023 but it's a day one buy for me all the same. Even when I played Bully for the first time back on the PS2, I was hoping they'd someday make a Potter equivalent and this is that plus a lot more.

Yeah I don’t mind if it gets pushed out as long as they use that time to really clean it up because it’s pretty much all I could want from an Open World Harry Potter game.

This is actually one of those times where it would actually be awesome to build It as a Single Player MMO where they just kept building onto the world and while you could interact with people, you wouldn’t need to

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

The only feature I want from that game is the feature of not a single cent going to JK Rowling. But that's not going to happen so it's a non-starter for me.

Yeah this is the same thing for me. Especially given recent developments where her writings are being used to inform transphobic lawmaking in the US.

They're using Unreal Engine 5, rather than the Cyberpunk 2077 engine, which is probably a good move. It's hard to say from the announcement how far along it is. Cyberpunk was announced eight years before it came out, and four years before it even went into pre-production, and even then it wasn't working properly at release.

probably doesn't help that midway through development the entire team had to switch focus to a first person shooter instead of a third person RPG and had to basically build an engine from the ground up

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Massively hyped for that, and curious what it ends up being - I love Curse of Monkey Island, but it was the first game in the series without Gilbert, and it just hand-waved away the mad twist ending of Monkey Island 2. Gilbert has long claimed to have had his own version of Monkey Island 3 planned out, following directly on from 2, and it sounds like that's what this will be. 

I can't wait to see what his version of the story will be, how it follows on from 2, but also whether it renders subsequent games non-canon or if he comes up with a way of tying the whole thing together. The presence of (possibly?) Murray The Demonic Talking Skull in that trailer makes me think the latter is on the table.

Remedy is remaking Max Payne 1 & 2. Financed by Rockstar, developed exclusively for PS5, Xbox Series S/X and PC. Won't be sold as individual titles, but a bundle of both games. And it'll be running on Remedy's Northlight engine, which powered Control.

Funnily enough, I was looking at trying out Max Payne 1 and 2 when they were on sale through Steam a few weeks ago, but it seems a lot of people were having issues getting any of the games to run properly without jumping through hoops. This was the case for #3 too.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

Funnily enough, I was looking at trying out Max Payne 1 and 2 when they were on sale through Steam a few weeks ago, but it seems a lot of people were having issues getting any of the games to run properly without jumping through hoops. This was the case for #3 too.

You should only have to install one mod to fix the audio. They're fun games whose narrative style really pops out. They're hard, though, meaning that the quick save button has to be used an awful lot.

• 2 weeks later...