What Did You Watch Today? 2022

IDOL

• IDOL pinned this topic

I've been watching a lot of movies lately, especially Spider-Man. Watched Spider-Man 2 (2004) today. It'd been a while since I last watched it so didn't remember too much, but it's good! There isn't really a wasted moment in it at all, but not just pure action either. I like how all the Spider-Man universes (at least, the ones I've seen so far) differ in story in some way or another. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Wim Wenders documentary Room 666 the other night.

Its a 45 minute documentary filmed at the 1982 Cannes Film festival. In which a bunch of directors (among them Jean Luc Goddard, Steven Spielberg, RW Fassbinder, Werner Herzog) talk about the future of film.

One after the other for as long as they want to talk. Its pretty interesting.

Werner Herzog removes his shoes and socks before he answers the question because "you cannot answers a question like this with your shoes on".

Spielberg pretty much nails what Hollywood cinema would end up like.

Finch, on Apple TV+.

Tom Hanks in a movie about a dying man, his dog, and the robot he built to take care of the dog, on a road trip from St. Louis to San Francisco, 10 years after the world was devastated by a disaster. The robot does talk, but except for a brief flashback, Hanks is the only person in the movie. And this ain't CASTAWAY. Its not one of his best, but not one of his worst, either. 

The movie does eventually explain what the disaster was, and I'm not going to spoil it. However, they never explain what he's dying from, but there is a clue:

Spoiler

He reads a book about radiation sickness.

Its pretty boring at times. If you already have Apple TV+ or are a Tom Hanks completionist, by all means watch it. Otherwise, you're not going to miss much if you skip it.

Watched Halloween Kills today

hated-it-hate.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

COPSHOP

Starring Gerard Butler, Frank Grillo, and Alexis Louder. Good movie, but the premise requires ALL the police in it, including Louder's character, to be stupid/incompetent. Butler and Grillo are bad guys who intentionally get arrested. The ending really makes Louder's character look stupid, though its intent I believe is to make her look determined:

Spoiler

Butler, who is a hitman, escapes. Louder hijacks the ambulance she's in (she got shot in the abdomen) to pursue Butler, who stole a car and fled. Guess which one is armed, and which one isn't?

Tonight's lineup:

• Scooby Doo episodes
  • AEW Rampage
  • Frozen 2
  • Lego Frozen show
  • Frozen 1
  • Bubble Guppies

All of these except one were picked by my toddler, guess which pick was mine! Hahaha

On 16/02/2022 at 17:30, stokeriño said:

Fuck I'd forgotten how good Rush is.

Admittedly my interest drifted for a little bit in the middle, but then the last 45 minutes is fucking excellent.

The Chris Hemsworth-Daniel Bruhl one or the Jason Patric-Jennifer Jason Leigh one?

On 19/02/2022 at 00:51, Krabby said:

Tonight's lineup:

• Scooby Doo episodes
  • AEW Rampage
  • Frozen 2
  • Lego Frozen show
  • Frozen 1
  • Bubble Guppies

All of these except one were picked by my toddler, guess which pick was mine! Hahaha

We won't hold being a Bubble Guppies fan against you......

Meanwhile, we're binging episodes of The Cube on HBO Max. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started the Snowpiercer TV show, burned through all of Season 1 and really enjoying it, the film was ok but didn't have enough time to really get into the finer details, which I'm glad the TV show is doing more.

Free Guy is a cute little movie. It's definitely got some goofy dialogue that reminds you "oh yeah, some 40+ year olds wrote this" (all the calling people "noobs" is.. okay), but it's artistic license or whatever and it's a fun movie. 

• Like 1

Rewatched s1 and then binged through s2 of Upload. Really enjoy that show even if s2 didn't quite measure up (though the bar was high for me coming off of s1) and was 3 episodes shorter. May express more thoughts on it tomorrow!

Upload was good fun. Slightly gutted at the shorter season but you can blame that on COVID delays or whatever. They're apparently writing season 3 already so hopefully they get a renewal confirmation soon (if they haven't already that I've not seen).

Everyone needs their own Luke.

• Like 2

On 07/03/2022 at 05:09, fourstarfizzle said:

Finally started the Snowpiercer TV show, burned through all of Season 1 and really enjoying it, the film was ok but didn't have enough time to really get into the finer details, which I'm glad the TV show is doing more.

The show is good, but I'm burned out. Have the 3 latest episodes DVR'd, but have not been in the mood to watch them.

Right now, I'm finishing up a three-day binge of The Fast and the Furious series, watching them in chronological order (so Tokyo Drift 6th instead of 3rd), and we did watch Hobbs and Shaw before 9. Damn, I miss Paul Walker.....