Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2022

Lint

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching My Chemical Batman last night.

I really dug the hell out of that. Give me more of that Batman, please. It felt way more in line with how I would have gone creatively, and felt more grounded in the current climate because of the alterations they made to the story. Pattinson killed it, and this definitely washes away the stink of Twilight for me. I really loved the emo Bruce Wayne, broken and searching for reason as opposed to the traditional playboy character. I think it works considerably better.

Sony and Marvel will be doing an El Muerto movie, with Bad Bunny starring as El Muerto. El Muerto's a Spider-Man character, a luchador with super strength. 

On 26/04/2022 at 15:10, Serpenticloud said:

Sony and Marvel will be doing an El Muerto movie, with Bad Bunny starring as El Muerto. El Muerto's a Spider-Man character, a luchador with super strength. 

Weird choice, since he's a very obscure character.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Weird choice, since he's a very obscure character.

Morbius is Spider-Mans 22nd most popular villain.  Very obscure is all Sony has to go on

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Morbius is Spider-Mans 22nd most popular villain.  Very obscure is all Sony has to go on

Morbius has appeared in other comics, had a series in the 70's called Adventure Into Fear, and a mini-series or two. Plus he's appeared in cartoons.

El Muerto was in a two-part story almost two decades ago, and I'm not even sure if he's ever been used since.

There's `Obscure', then there's `Who the fuck is....?'.  El Muerto is the latter.

Incidentally, there was an independent comic called El Muerto The Aztec Zombie that preceeded the Marvel character by 7 or 8 years. They made a movie based on it starring Wilmer Valderama a few years ago. https://www.konkretcomics.com/post/el-muerto-the-aztec-zombie-rises-again

Legends of Tomorrow has been cancelled by The CW. So is Batwoman, but I think a lot of people checked out of that shit pretty early on (or after S2).

Edited by tristy

I gave up on Batwoman a little bit over halfway through season one.

Legends of Tomorrow, however, I was still watching. But so many of my favorites have left the show that I don't really care.

2 hours ago, tristy said:

So is Batwoman, but I think a lot of people checked out of that shit pretty early on (or after S2).

Since they had 2 seasons with the same actress (who could actually act) S3 of Batwoman was actually pretty good.  Really seemed to find its footing

The new actress was on the cancelled all too soon God Friended Me, but even casting her didn't get me to try watching again.

If they had cast Rachael Skarsten as Kate instead of Alice OR had cast Wallis Day as Kate to begin with, the show would have been better off. Plus, Dougray Scott had the charisma of dry toast on the show. I still cannot believe he was the first choice to play Wolverine over Hugh Jackman!

On 30/04/2022 at 02:03, tristy said:

Legends of Tomorrow has been cancelled by The CW. So is Batwoman, but I think a lot of people checked out of that shit pretty early on (or after S2).

Legends of Tomorrow was still quite enjoyable so quite shocked to here it cancelled. Never really got into Batwoman, out of the cancellations I'm still surprised CW hasn't cancelled Riverdale tbh

Riverdale was good its first few seasons. But I haven't watched since Luke Perry died. Though that wasn't the reason I quit watching; I gave up on it before he passed away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

Anyone catch the premiere of The Boys?

19 hours ago, livid said:

Oh yeah. Loved the first 3 episodes. 

Oh it was such a good first 3 episodes. Found myself going WTF way too many times. The characters are portrayed so good and allow the actors/actresses to put a lot of emotion into their roles. Many emotional moments. But it's The Boys. Everything is over the top, fun and down right brutal.