Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2022

Lint

6 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

That scene had me in stitches. It was so out there, yet, fun in The Boys sort of way that you come to expect. 

I feel like it was done PURELY because of all those internet memes about Antman and Thanos, which is pretty on par for The Boys. 

Honestly, The Boys Twitter admin has been on a whole different level all weekend. Thoroughly entertaining content.

• Like 3

I have super enjoyed the first 3 EPs of The Boys season 3 - it was hard not to talk about it all weekend with people who have no interest in that kind of stuff haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

I don't know who's lost the plot more on the show. Homelander or Butcher. 

Never touching sea food again though. 🥺🐙 

Spoiler

Oh my gosh, that scene was crazy! It was so torturing and it made me physically cringe but at the same time I found myself laughing (partially out of shock I think!) TIMOTHY!!!!! 

And Deep's wife texting him at the table - lmao, just perfect

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 16:29, Josh said:

No. No. Please god no.

‘Joker 2’: Lady Gaga in Early Talks to Join Joaquin Phoenix, Todd Phillips in Musical Sequel (Exclusive)

MUSICAL SEQUEL

Also, that article does have a spoiler about who she'd be playing

• Like 1

Enjoyed Joker for what it was. Separate to known Joker in the DC World and a new spin. They modernised the feel of the character, struggles with mental health and family issues. Asking yourself about our own psyche or the persons next to us. How society is going worse. A lot of good moments in the film. Don't mind a sequel as I am sure it will be told right for what the story and characters are and give off. 

3 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Managed to avoid spoilers for The Boys. How are the new epsiodes that have been released?! Think I'm going to try and wait until they are all out just so I can binge them. 

The newest episode is kinda intense. I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. 

• Thanks 1

The Boys

Spoiler

The Herogasm scene was built up so much that it came and went and I just sat there wondering what the big deal was. It was funny, but anyone who may have been offended by that probably shouldn't be watching The Boys anyways.

In a non-spoiler note, it's hilarious that far-right fans of the show have now JUST figured out that Homelander is the bad guy.

• Haha 1

The Boys Season 3 Episode 7 because they release the episodes on Thursday nights I've learned

Spoiler

I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!

In retrospect, it's so obvious they were setting up for Soldier Boy to be Homelander 's Dad, especially with the "he was Homelander before Homelander" stuff, but the show sucks you in so much that I never even saw it coming.

The Black Noir stuff was so amazing. Perfect blend of comedy but also making you sympathetic to him at the same time. Those fucking cartoon characters 🤣🤣

Also liked Starlight being smart and recording Homelander like that. Genius. There was no fallout of that, yet, so I am hoping there's actual consequences for Homelander for once. 

And of course, fucking Deep trying to proposition his wife into a threesome with the mollusk from Herogasm 🤣🤣🤣. Chace Crawford is such an underrated comedic actor with some of his deliveries in this show.

I know just like Game of Thrones, The Boys is way off the rails from the comics. But having not watched since the end of season 1 (I don't have time with all the other things I watch), how far into the comics timeline is the tv show?

And if A-Train is still around 

Spoiler

I hope he dies in a similar manner to the comics

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I know just like Game of Thrones, The Boys is way off the rails from the comics. But having not watched since the end of season 1 (I don't have time with all the other things I watch), how far into the comics timeline is the tv show?

And if A-Train is still around 

Hide contents

I hope he dies in a similar manner to the comics

Spoiler

Still alive and just past herogasm in the TV timeline. I've only just watched season 2 and as much of season 3 myself. Though i own all the books.

• Thanks 1