GTA VI

Gazz

Not that it was never going to happen because it's a billion dollars on the table, but Rockstar have pretty much confirmed GTA 6.

With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Have some worry that GTA6 will be heavily focused on its online play vs a single-player experience.

God I hope not. I feel like so many of these online games are all the same. Give me back my single player story focused narratives. I wanna play those games.

• Like 2

I don’t necessarily mind online stuff - I think has potential to be a ton of fun, out interacting with an ever-changing world.

My biggest gripe with GTA Online (and RDO) is that you’re required to play co-op with other other online players to progress through a lot of it. I wish that was purely optional. Same with it costing a shit ton of in-game money (so, therefor, likely a lot of real money) to access any worthwhile updates. Grieving is, of course, the other problem, but they sort of fixed that with RDO. Not so much GTA.

I think the GTA franchise in particular could definitely do with a new head writer, so losing Dan Hauser might end up being a good thing. The writing on GTAV was already a little creaky and that's going to end up being almost a decade old at LEAST by the time VI comes out. Its particular brand of '00s "I'm an equal opportunity offender" humor is just a terrible fit for where we are now, and V was particularly awful as far as its depiction of women went.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The next-gen version of GTA V is coming on 15th March. It will have ray-tracing options, presumably at 30fps, and a 60fps performance mode. I wouldn't expect the upgrade to be free or even discounted.

Absolutely wild to me that this game would've been released on 3 generations before the sequel comes out.

2 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Why has nobody noticed that GTA online is shit?

I have. I hate it. I enjoy MMORPG's because to me those are built for that kind of thing. GTA/RDO online and most other games like it feel like they're trying to shoehorn an online mode just to get as much money out of people as possible. It's just utterly drab.

Maybe I'll enjoy GTA 6 online when it finally comes out, but I'm not a fan of the current one at all, which is strange because it's not far off what I'd always wanted from a GTA online game.

Probably has something to do with the grind required for a lot of things unless you buy the shark cards. Unfortunately that's not going to change.

I hope it's something substantial in terms of story and side missions. I felt like GTA V's story was pretty short, TBH. If you look at the III Era games, and just how much there was to do (III itself excluded), it seemed like V was lacking. 

I get that more's fleshed out online, but that's something that doesn't interest me. 

I'll probably play it ten years after it's out. 

• Like 1

None of this actually "confirms" GTA:VI.  This literally says

development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway.

This could mean GTA:O2.