GTA VI

Gazz

• 1 month later...

Is the 8.75 for the full game? I saw talk that the full game was going to be £35 but was discounted to £17.50 for the launch period, with online only having similar discount to like £9.

I'm still confused about GTA Online being free for 3 months. Do I have to pay for it after those three months, or is that just the freebie window time and anyone that doesn't claim it by June has to pay after that?

4 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Is the 8.75 for the full game? I saw talk that the full game was going to be £35 but was discounted to £17.50 for the launch period, with online only having similar discount to like £9.

According to leaks on Reddit where it's somehow appeared on the PS Store days before pre-order - you're right. Everything is the same for Xbox too, except for GTA Online being free until June.

This is from IGN

GTA 5 for PS5 will be 75% off for the first three months of launch, priced at $9.99 USD / £8.75 / $14.99 AUD. After three months, the game will cost $39.99 / £34.99 / $59.95 AUD. This version of the game includes the single player story mode, and GTA Online.

£8.75 is a very good deal for anyone who somehow doesn't own the old versions yet. For those who do, it's not amazing when you consider that plenty of other companies are offering free next-gen upgrades. It's better than it might have been (and evidently better than it's going to be after three months), but I don't consider it a brilliant act of generosity on Rockstar's part.

Ah, I wasn't sure if there was a free upgrade for those who owned the game previously, and this was the price for new players, which surely isn't a huge number.

I'm only interested in trying online as it'll be free to me, and I haven't touched the mode in a good few years.

I haven't touched GTAV in ages but as much as I wouldn't mind going round one more time on the PS5, wasn't that supposed to be one of the original PS5 reveal promises? That everyone would get a copy for free? Or am I just misremembering?

My gf's brother seems to think a free upgrade was mentioned previously, as he was confused earlier when I told him the pricing.

He also didn't think PS4 and PS5 players could party up together, but they can. Same goes for Xbox One/Series players, but it's not cross platform obviously.

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm sure the gamer™ reaction to this news will be calm and restrained.

I look forward to the "Get woke, go broke" line being trotted out whilst GTA rakes in another couple of billions worth of sales 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I look forward to the "Get woke, go broke" line being trotted out whilst GTA rakes in another couple of billions worth of sales 

What if they replaced Cops n Crooks with a Blinged Out Ride concept? 😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧😧