2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

Rams 2022 home opponents:  Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Broncos, Raiders, Bills

The NFL usually shies away from division rivals in the season opener, and I doubt they’d start with an NFC/AFC game even though Bills/Rams could be billed as a potential Super Bowl clash.

So, as always, the safe bet would be Dallas getting the season opening Thursday prime time game in LA.

It's the same knee as last season, too.  Tough to imagine him back before late in the fall at best, by which point he'd be 30 and probably not have much choice but trying to latch onto the Rams or a team in a similar spot on a very cheap deal for the rest of the year.  Honestly he got his ring and his redemption story, given his career earnings and other outside interests it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if he doesn't play again.

17 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

It's the same knee as last season, too.  Tough to imagine him back before late in the fall at best, by which point he'd be 30 and probably not have much choice but trying to latch onto the Rams or a team in a similar spot on a very cheap deal for the rest of the year.  Honestly he got his ring and his redemption story, given his career earnings and other outside interests it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if he doesn't play again.

He's also about to become a father. That changes one's priorities... especially when they're financially set for life and have a Super Bowl.

My guess is he finds a team in October or November that will need him for the title run. And if he plays well latches on with another team the following season. But as weird as it is you feel like he's in the twilight of his career.

52 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Well that would be fun, considering there isn’t one QB in this draft that projects to be a sure fire starter.

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Well that would be fun, considering there isn’t one QB in this draft that projects to be a sure fire starter.

I think there's a disconnect between front office execs and ownership. GMs always feel pressured to find the franchise QB and find them now. It's so silly and it just keeps these teams on the perpetual cycle of needing to find their next QB.

Following up on @LL! last comment in the other thread, while the Bengals have a ton of cap space, they also have the most penny pinching owner in the league.  Im guessing they are going to buy low again, how else do you end up with Eli Apple as one of your starting corners, and hope for the best. 

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Following up on @LL! last comment in the other thread, while the Bengals have a ton of cap space, they also have the most penny pinching owner in the league.  Im guessing they are going to buy low again, how else do you end up with Eli Apple as one of your starting corners, and hope for the best. 

Yeah I realize that, but the reason I think things might be different now is that the Bengals have never seen this level of success since Mike Brown became the owner. For the first time in what feels like since I started watching football, it seems that the Bengals are considered a true contender. A place where stars may actually want to hitch their wagon cause the future looks bright. "If they can reach the SB with this team, imagine what they could do with..." type status.