2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

Part of that Bengals cap space is going to have to go towards two-year vet deals that likely wind up as realistically one-year deals. Not a terrible spot to be but it likely will go mostly towards finding offensive line stopgaps. Guys like Jessie Bates and Larry Ogunjobi presumably won't be back. Their defense by and large played above the mean, and had very few injuries. You'd expect a regression on defense with or without more injury luck and with or without FA signings.

Burrow and that offense is good enough for a number of wins. But they'll forever rue not finding offensive line solutions for this season. It was potentially their lone chance. I don't see the AFC of the next decade having one team consistently break through. Far too much talent spread all over.

3 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Part of that Bengals cap space is going to have to go towards two-year vet deals that likely wind up as realistically one-year deals. Not a terrible spot to be but it likely will go mostly towards finding offensive line stopgaps. Guys like Jessie Bates and Larry Ogunjobi presumably won't be back. Their defense by and large played above the mean, and had very few injuries. You'd expect a regression on defense with or without more injury luck and with or without FA signings.

Burrow and that offense is good enough for a number of wins. But they'll forever rue not finding offensive line solutions for this season. It was potentially their lone chance. I don't see the AFC of the next decade having one team consistently break through. Far too much talent spread all over.

Did you see that Chase had left Ramsey in the dust on that last play of the game? Would have easily been a TD had there been a better offensive line. Sad stuff. 

2 hours ago, LL! said:

Did you see that Chase had left Ramsey in the dust on that last play of the game? Would have easily been a TD had there been a better offensive line. Sad stuff. 

Yes, I couldn't tell if Burrow saw him in time or not. I think he was under siege so quickly at the end he just stopped looking downfield entirely.

51 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Feels like Cinderella stories in sports rarely have a happy ending.  Just seems like they always get to the finals and then the dream ends just short of the end zone.

Barring the times the lines were absurd because people doubted the AFL (Jets and KC) the only two true underdogs to win the Super Bowl were the 01 Pats and the 07 Giants. The 97 Broncos were double-digit underdogs as well but I don't think that was really thought of as a Cinderella story, as good as Denver was the year prior.

It's just not the sport for you if you like the underdog. Especially because no matter how you slice it the most iconic underdog stories in history are from those hard-luck sports towns of New York and Boston.

17 hours ago, damhausen said:

Stafford's no-look pass looked really good in the moment. But, man, this slow mo just makes it look all that more impressive. Shame Collinsworth glossed over it during the game. It was an all-time throw.

He's been doing that for years. 

I'm really fucking happy for him though. I'm not one of those Detroit Rams weirdos, but definitely excited for him. 

He's a genuinely good soul, he embraced Detroit, and well....didn't work out here but he's incredibly deserving.

• Like 2

Yea, like Stafford had his share of fuck ups in Detroit, but he really only had a superior defense once and never any fucking run game. 

And he did have great WRs, but look at how Tate, Jones, Golladay, and others fared without him. 

Hell, Cooper Kupp just had one of the greatest seasons of any WR in history. I think only Jerry Rice accomplished what he did in a season. 

He's always been ridiculously talented. I dare say he's close to Hall of Fame status with his ring now. I think one more good playoff run should solidify it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

Hell, Cooper Kupp just had one of the greatest seasons of any WR in history. I think only Jerry Rice accomplished what he did in a season. 

To clarify this. Kupp accomplished this in a season (Triple Crown, Offensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl MVP). Jerry Rice is the only other player with all 3 in a career and he did not accomplish all them in a single-season.

You really can't look past how amazing Kupp has been this year as not being partially attributable to Stafford. I mean, look at Golladay without him...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

To clarify this. Kupp accomplished this in a season (Triple Crown, Offensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl MVP). Jerry Rice is the only other player with all 3 in a career and he did not accomplish all them in a single-season.

You really can't look past how amazing Kupp has been this year as not being partially attributable to Stafford. I mean, look at Golladay without him...

Yup. I read that but forgot Rice did it over his career. Kupp did it in a season. 

Granted my dude Calvin still has the 16 game receiving record. Who was his QB?