EWR March 2022 Update

Hey I am sorry that I was late getting this out but I had a few nights in the past week that I went to bed earlier.

I am debating what I should do in light of news from today. I'm not gonna spoil it, but it would change things in the game.

I added DEFY and The Wrestling Revolver as promotions.

Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5l57l48fose9ox6/March_2022_Full.zip/file

Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ys430v3gfw93d6k/March_2022_Light.zip/file

• Like 1

• Lineker changed the title to EWR March 2022 Update

I am not sure what to do about Ring of Honor. Tony Khan did buy ROH so it cannot have an owner and it is scheduled to run Mania weekend. 

My options:

RoH is kept on its own, but have no owner.

RoH is put below AEW as a brand with only the existing champions and I rename the Dynamite Specials for live events to ROH events.

Would WWN be a good precedent for ROH: Much like EVOLVE/SHINE were two separate brands under the WWN name, have a AEW/ROH brand split under AEW?

That would also help for the "most of the champions are presumably not in place for ROH": while Gresham/The Briscoes are free agents (and Josh Woods has worked Dark jobber matches and is presumably either in the fold or close to it), Deonna Purrazzo is ROH Women's Champ but under Impact contract. While there's no 6-Man Titles in EWR, with the No Surrender result, it's safe to say Honor No More is under Impact contract; meaning that the 6-Man champs are split up (Vincent is in Impact with Honor No More, but Dutch and Bateman were announced for Control Your Narrative and presumably are not.) 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 20:05, Reflecto Is My Favorite Poster said:

Would WWN be a good precedent for ROH: Much like EVOLVE/SHINE were two separate brands under the WWN name, have a AEW/ROH brand split under AEW?

That would also help for the "most of the champions are presumably not in place for ROH": while Gresham/The Briscoes are free agents (and Josh Woods has worked Dark jobber matches and is presumably either in the fold or close to it), Deonna Purrazzo is ROH Women's Champ but under Impact contract. While there's no 6-Man Titles in EWR, with the No Surrender result, it's safe to say Honor No More is under Impact contract; meaning that the 6-Man champs are split up (Vincent is in Impact with Honor No More, but Dutch and Bateman were announced for Control Your Narrative and presumably are not.) 

WWN is a bit weird especially now a days. I actually removed ACW from WWN for this update. It hasn't run for a year and only had title changes. It has run far less consistently since Sapolsky left. That said, FIP and SHINE do somewhat co-promote, not as much as EVOLVE/SHINE did at the height of WWN.

From what I've heard with ROH, there are no contracts after the end of March and nobody knows what this means with the WrestleMania weekend show. The Mania show could be the last ROH show or it could be the start of a new. We don't know yet. I just know in game that it doesn't work to have two companies not be linked. That is more of a TEW change as we saw say Dragon Gate USA and Evolve merge in 2012, leading to WWN.

From what I've seen The Righteous is still around on the indies including Vincent so his Impact status isn't effecting that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirEdger said:

There were Bateman and someone else in The Righteous with Vincent so they can technically continue it without Vincent in it.

Dutch. Then again Impact and AEW have done talent exchanges with Kenny Omega, the Good Brothers and Christian Cage.

MK, is this update going to get a serious update at any point?  It has got to the point where some of the workers no longer resemble how they are in real life.  For instance, Buff Bagwell and Justin Credible are better than Max Caster.  Keiji Mutoh is an embarrassment, giving him 20 in any of his working attributes would be generous but he has 73 brawling and 71 technical.  I'm not saying you have to make Kiyomiya or Go Shiosaki better but they're streets ahead of the rotting corpse of Mutoh.  Some ages are wrong too.

It's a manful job you do, of course, but the time has long since passed to take a wider look at the database.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, faz44 said:

MK, is this update going to get a serious update at any point?  It has got to the point where some of the workers no longer resemble how they are in real life.  For instance, Buff Bagwell and Justin Credible are better than Max Caster.  Keiji Mutoh is an embarrassment, giving him 20 in any of his working attributes would be generous but he has 73 brawling and 71 technical.  I'm not saying you have to make Kiyomiya or Go Shiosaki better but they're streets ahead of the rotting corpse of Mutoh.  Some ages are wrong too.

It's a manful job you do, of course, but the time has long since passed to take a wider look at the database.

I will double check Mutoh but yeah I've heard the stories with his current NOAH run. I actually forgot Bagwell and Credible were even in the game to be honest. I'll double check when they last appeared because I can delete them.

I am always open to help, but like when I had the lucha suggestions a month or so ago, often it was met with add the Micros from CMLL and I asked for stats and get nothing but "Why didn't you add the Micros, I suggested them last month."

22 hours ago, mkpunk said:

I will double check Mutoh but yeah I've heard the stories with his current NOAH run. I actually forgot Bagwell and Credible were even in the game to be honest. I'll double check when they last appeared because I can delete them.

I am always open to help, but like when I had the lucha suggestions a month or so ago, often it was met with add the Micros from CMLL and I asked for stats and get nothing but "Why didn't you add the Micros, I suggested them last month."

Update, I lowered Muto down to 58/10/59/74/62. Credible was lowered to 65/21/38/37/68. Buff was lowered down to 55/15/36/36/66.

• Like 1

Triple H has announced his retirement from wrestling and considering he hasn't wrestle since 2019, its probably best to add him to staff since he would be in the road agent/writer role.

On 17/03/2022 at 22:10, faz44 said:

You can edit in the File Editor instead of whining about it 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Triple H has announced his retirement from wrestling and considering he hasn't wrestle since 2019, its probably best to add him to staff since he would be in the road agent/writer role.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that for sometime since the cardiac issue, unless he somehow became an on-camera guy (I mean, Triple H wasn't a bad authority figure character even if it went on for a little bit too long.) He hasn't yet, so I guess I'll make The Game staff 

1 hour ago, kimvrajay135 said:

You can edit in the File Editor instead of whining about it 

In some cases, yes. Like the names. For some time I kept Rey Fenix and Penta as Fenix and Pentagon Jr. since those were their AAA names. As they started working more in AEW, I switched to the AEW names. Even renamed workers and regimicks can be an issue as they may fit several. The only time this is not is if the rename or regimmick isn't by design but yet not done (which has happened with some updates.) Stats a bit different and subjective. I remember in the early 2010's some suggestions giving guys who did suicide dives 80s when that really was the only thing giving them a high speed rating. Mind you, they would not say Mexican luchadors or Japanese juniors a similar bump when they do use a mix of speed based offense.

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Or maybe pointing it out can help it get improved for future updates.

Those updates were ones that I should have checked. Sadly unlike Mutoh, I haven't heard much of Bagwell and Credible wrestling ability (or lack there of) in the past years. In fact Bagwell, I was pretty sure I was gonna remove for lack of wrestling prior to checking. He surprisingly had a good amount of dates in the past year alone.

Edited by mkpunk

I am currently updating sponsors with a number of new ones and some removals. I removed a few that were pandemic issues. I removed charities like Be A Star, Connor's Cure and Susan G. Komen since they aren't really sponsors. I also looked to rename and update slogans. Basically the ones I am adding are online sports books and gambling companies (MGM Resorts & Cesars), Blackcraft clothing, wrestling related companies (Blxkmass, Ringside Collectables, Teremana and Zoa) and a few podcast companies.

I visit off and on and haven't checked in a while, thanks for the updates.  I decided to look at the newest one and look over the TV stations.  Is there a set number of channels needed or can some be deleted?  I ask because America One was replaced by YTA TV, which currently carries both Championship Wrestling From Hollywood and Ohio Valley Wrestling.  Also El Rey ceased as a network but is still a streaming platform.  I don't know if you want to keep it but maybe drop Network from the name.  WGN also changed their name to News Nation and I doubt would carry wrestling anymore.  Meanwhile, while ION is still around, they haven't shown wrestling in 8 years, you could probably delete it as well.  While we're at it, E! I don't think ever carried wrestling aside from the reality shows.  In the same sense, I doubt ESPN 3 will be broadcasting pro wrestling events anytime soon.  However on that maybe a simple name change once we learn more about that new streaming service Pro Wrestling TV.  It sounds like something similar to Fite TV.

While I never do too well updating current stats or anything, I'll see what else I can help with.  Is the next update planned to be released before or after Wrestlemania?  No big deal just curious.  Thanks again for the great work.