FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

So when does the its coming home chat start again?

84th minute of England Vs Iran when Graelish falls over and Kane puts away the penalty for a late 1-0 win after a boring game. It'll die down a little bit after Bale scores a late equaliser and will resume after England beat the US

Can't wait for England to be dull as hell, scrape a few boring 1-0s, everyone starts the it's coming home chants, inevitably get knocked out by someone better and the world is back to normal. 

8 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Realistically, what are the US looking at with our draw?

I’d be happy with that if I were the USA. 

That being said, as one of the Wales/Ukraine/Scotland trio, I’d say we’d all be happy with that draw. 

With the exception of probably Iran, anyone could get through that group. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

Canada is with Belgium, Croatia and Morocco. Absolutely doable if the teams on its best game. Basically going into every match with the possibility of getting something out of it.  

It's pretty favorable for a young Canada team with Belgium and Croatia both in the thick of club seasons (and relatively old). Morocco are tricky. It always seems like one of the teams that finished in the top 4 at the last World Cup absolutely sucks in the next one and safe money is on that team being Croatia or Belgium.

Also nice thing is I believe England-US occurs on Black Friday here in the States. Glad that's the match I don't need to play work calendar blocking shenanigans with.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Can't wait for England to be dull as hell, scrape a few boring 1-0s, everyone starts the it's coming home chants, inevitably get knocked out by someone better and the world is back to normal. 

This but non sarcastically.

• Like 2

England/USA will indeed be on Black Friday. Time still TBD. 

I definitely want Scotland or Ukraine to make it into the group as an American. Wales are a team who sits deep, defends in a low block, and counters/waits for Bale magic. USA has shown we are absolutely terrible when competing against teams in a low block. Gregg Berhalter loves to preach "verticality" but yet has a very rigid system that barely has any. We might even struggle against Iran for that reason. They are deceptively good, and are more than happy to not have the ball. I know the quality isn't very high in their WCQ group, but they only conceded 4 goals in 10 matches. 

I'm still going to be optimistic though. We're going to be the youngest team at the World Cup and wouldn't be surprised if we field the youngest ever XI during a match this November. But if we're able to actually have our main players there healthy, there's a lot of young talents who are hungry and will do a job. In our 14 matches of WCQ, we never had Dest, Adams, McKennie, Reyna, and Pulisic on the field together because of injuries. 

• Like 1