TEW20 Real World Update: April 2022

Here is the update for April, there are two promotions returning this month, both ROH and The Crash have been reactivated with updated rosters, for ROH they have been set up after Supercard of Honor, so titles changes and such have happened, all workers signed to AEW on the show have written deals and are loaned to ROH and everyone else is on handshake deals. There has been a small overhaul in regard to events, mostly just reordering to balance them out a bit, along with removing the game generated tour events for Japanese promotions and replaced with tour events with "PROMOTION on Tour: DAY Show", since I had some feedback that some tours would be overkill and wear down talent. Beyond that just the usual updates for the month I believe, there has been a load of workers added, mostly to cover Deadlock Pro as well as filling a few gaps and such, full list can be found in the editor. There has also been a small broadcaster expansion into Austria with a few notable channels, all logos are in the new graphics pack, this leaves Georgia, Iceland & Turkey as the only in game regions not represented with broadcasters.

As for WrestleMania changes, this is set up after the events of WrestleMania but before Raw, I've set things up so you can run Raw with the changes that happened ready to go.

Beyond that just the usual, any errors just mention them in the thread and I'll change them for next month.

Enjoy

Database: April 2022
Graphics: April 2022

Workers: January 2022 (Last KyKy Pack)
Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Edited by TheWho87

- Add ROH / Fite TV event broadcasting deal. On Demand / 1 Year / 10% to Company / O% Min Quality

- Set Before the Impact to no longer dormant. B Show / 30mins (its 1hr but most is recap so this makes number of matches etc more realistic) / Held on Thursday / Shown on Thursday / Tape 4 at a time - Announcers Josh Mathews and Gia Miller.

- Add broadcasting deal for Before the Impact on Youtube (America), On Demand Timeslot, 2 Years, 0% to company
min quality 4.

Spoiler

Add Taya Valkyrie to Impact. Written, Non Exclusive, Per Show, 12 Months, Babyface / La Wera Loca (Swagger) gimmick
Add Rocky Romero to Impact. Handshake, Non Exclusive, Per Show, Babyface / Standard Gimmick
Add Steve Gibki as Dark STG to Impact. Handshake, Non Exclusive, Per Show, Heel (Aligned with Shera, gimmick and name TBC)

- Add Aiden Prince to Impact.  Written, Non Exclusive, Per Show, 12 Months, Babyface / Standard gimmick

- Add Bhupinder Singh as Bhupinder Gujjar to Impact. Written, Non Exclusive, Per Show, 12 Months, Babyface / Blue Chipper (Standard) gimmick

- Remove Brandi Lauren and Kimber Lee from Impact. For Job History finish date is Jan 2022. 

- Add Kimber Lee to Beyond Wrestling on Handshake deal. 

- Remove Charlie Haas from Impact. For Job History finish date is Jan 2022. 

- Remove Big Kon (Ryan O'Reilly) from Impact. For Job History finish date is Jan 2022. 

- Remove El Phantasmo from Impact. Looks like his loan has finished and hes been removed from the Website Roster. For Job History finish date is Oct 2021.

- Remove David Finlay Jr. from Impact. For Job History finish date is Dec 2021. 

- Remove Juice Robinson from Impact. For Job History finish date is Dec 2021. 

- Add Finlay and Robinson and their FinJuice Tag-Team to NJPW:USA. 

- Remove Santana Garrett from Impact. For Job History finish date is Jan 2022. 

- Set Chelsea Green to Heel in Impact. 

- Add an Individuals tag team of Johnny Swinger and Zicky Dice. 

I got a question about promotions like Absolute Intense Wrestling. Do wrestlers get added as they appear, or do you wait til they make several appearances before adding them? I ask because I'm looking at the roster, and there's a few that only made one appearance and haven't returned. Plus, AIW does have its regular roster, but also book a few wrestlers every show that's a one time appearance. For example, in their two return shows to Cleveland in April 2021, they had Allysin Kay, Eddie Kingston and Tommy Rich on the shows, yet they haven't appeared since. Also, Lee Moriarty haven't made any appearances since signing with AEW. I wouldn't say remove Lee Moriarty yet, but it's safe to remove Allysin Kay, Eddie Kingston and Tommy Rich from the roster.

Also remove Brayden Lee and Steve Manders. Both haven't appeared since April of last year.

Add these following wrestlers, as they regularly appear on AIW, most are part of their core roster:

Arthur McArthur
Brian Myers
Chase Oliver
Duke Davis
Eddy Only
Eric Taylor
Evan Adams (rename to Evan Ambrose)
Ganon Jones Jr
Isaiah Broner
Joseline Navarro
Josh Prohibition
Katie Arquette
Matt Cross
Megan Meyers
Mikey Montgomery

You could remove the AIW Go For Broke show, they only had a 10 week run on IWTV

1 hour ago, Edgar DeHostos said:

I got a question about promotions like Absolute Intense Wrestling. Do wrestlers get added as they appear, or do you wait til they make several appearances before adding them? I ask because I'm looking at the roster, and there's a few that only made one appearance and haven't returned. Plus, AIW does have its regular roster, but also book a few wrestlers every show that's a one time appearance. For example, in their two return shows to Cleveland in April 2021, they had Allysin Kay, Eddie Kingston and Tommy Rich on the shows, yet they haven't appeared since. Also, Lee Moriarty haven't made any appearances since signing with AEW. I wouldn't say remove Lee Moriarty yet, but it's safe to remove Allysin Kay, Eddie Kingston and Tommy Rich from the roster.

Also remove Brayden Lee and Steve Manders. Both haven't appeared since April of last year.

Add these following wrestlers, as they regularly appear on AIW, most are part of their core roster:

Arthur McArthur
Brian Myers
Chase Oliver
Duke Davis
Eddy Only
Eric Taylor
Evan Adams (rename to Evan Ambrose)
Ganon Jones Jr
Isaiah Broner
Joseline Navarro
Josh Prohibition
Katie Arquette
Matt Cross
Megan Meyers
Mikey Montgomery

You could remove the AIW Go For Broke show, they only had a 10 week run on IWTV

Indie feds of that level only tend to get updated when I bother getting round to it since nobody tends to suggest updates to them.

I might recommend changing up the AEW/ROH relationship. Before I started the game, I looked at everything and it seemed as right as it can be, so I got it going... but it's way too restricting having AEW own ROH in-game.

They can't trade talent between each other, as Parent and Child companies cannot do that... and AEW blocked every attempt at trying to form talent trading relationships with other companies like New Japan, even though they themselves have a positive relationship with NJPW in-game.

I feel like it may be better to have them as Sister Companies with the Talent Trading agreement in place.

Similarly, I would probably change the Loan contracts to more standard ones. I also ran into the issue of being unable to stop talent from being stolen when New Japan snagged Brian Cage to an Exclusive deal, because he was contracted to AEW, not ROH, and you can't negotiate with someone who is on loan to you.

16 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I might recommend changing up the AEW/ROH relationship. Before I started the game, I looked at everything and it seemed as right as it can be, so I got it going... but it's way too restricting having AEW own ROH in-game.

They can't trade talent between each other, as Parent and Child companies cannot do that... and AEW blocked every attempt at trying to form talent trading relationships with other companies like New Japan, even though they themselves have a positive relationship with NJPW in-game.

I feel like it may be better to have them as Sister Companies with the Talent Trading agreement in place.

Similarly, I would probably change the Loan contracts to more standard ones. I also ran into the issue of being unable to stop talent from being stolen when New Japan snagged Brian Cage to an Exclusive deal, because he was contracted to AEW, not ROH, and you can't negotiate with someone who is on loan to you.

Yeah it just seems dropping the "owned by" option allows talent trading between the two, it's slightly unrealistic, but it makes it playably realistic.

That second part shouldn't have happened, AEW and NJPW should have a deal where they don't sign/steal talent from each other, did that relationship breakdown?

38 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Yeah it just seems dropping the "owned by" option allows talent trading between the two, it's slightly unrealistic, but it makes it playably realistic.

That second part shouldn't have happened, AEW and NJPW should have a deal where they don't sign/steal talent from each other, did that relationship breakdown?

On the very first day, yeah. Simmed ahead the first day, got the news that AEW and New Japan weren't honoring that agreement anymore, and had notifications that several guys had Exclusive Written deals offered by New Japan.

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

On the very first day, yeah. Simmed ahead the first day, got the news that AEW and New Japan weren't honoring that agreement anymore, and had notifications that several guys had Exclusive Written deals offered by New Japan.

I've added a friendly attitude between the two, hopefully that will stop NJPW breaking it off, will sim a few days to check this works.

Remove Caleb Konley (Kaleb with a K) from Impact Wrestling. They have chosen not to renew his contract and he's finished up at the last set of tapings, they wrote him off TV on the latest episode of BTI on Youtube.

Add Cary Silkin, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and Mark and Jay Briscoe to the ROH Hall of Fame, they were inducted in March 2022

Effy's profile image needs set in GCW contract. 

Awesome Kongs default image needs set aswell (the images are titled amazing kong)

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Add Jonathan Gresham to a written deal with ROH/AEW. 

- Maria Kanellis contract with Impact is set to expire at the end of April. She is expected to finish up then, rumour is she is going to ROH to help with producing the womens division. 

- Gallows and Andersons Impact contracts expire July 17th.

- Remove Jake Something from Impact. 

- Remove Larry D from Impact.

- Remove Sam Beale from impact. 

- Set the default image for William / Steve Regal. 

- Add a written deal for Bret Hart with WWE as an on screen personality (events and A tv shows only). - https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/bret-hart-believed-to-have-quietly-signed-a-lucrative-wwe-deal

Edited by JohnnyNitro

58 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

It's already set as "William Regal.jpg".

Yeah but the images themselves are all called Steven Regal.jpg - now admittedly I haven't downloaded the worker pack in a while as i had assumed it hadn't changed since January. If its since been updated then ignore, but when i ran my latest save i had to change his image to Steven Regal.jpg so just FYI in case anyone else the same. 

38 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Yeah but the images themselves are all called Steven Regal.jpg - now admittedly I haven't downloaded the worker pack in a while as i had assumed it hadn't changed since January. If its since been updated then ignore, but when i ran my latest save i had to change his image to Steven Regal.jpg so just FYI in case anyone else the same. 

That's because I always update the set file names for workers when I change their name, I don't update the picture pack as frequently.

I have also been building a new picture pack moving forward and when I get it to a point of covering more of the pictures I'll be moving over to this, at the moment I'm in a period of transition between different packs.

- remove Cassie lee and Jessica McKay from impact and set their in game status to on hiatus or retired.

https://amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/04/the-iinspiration-give-major-update-about-their-in-ring-future

Add broadcasting deal for Before the Impact on Impact plus, On Demand Timeslot, 2 Years, 0% to company. min quality 4.

- add a tag team in impact of Chris Bey and Jay White called BeyBlade.

- Add a tag team in impact of Rich Swann and Willie Mack called The Souljas.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

3 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Your probably already aware of the cuts but posting just in case. Remove the following from NXT:

* Dexter Lumis
* Malcolm Bivens
* Dakota Kai
* Harland
* Persia Pirotta
* Raelyn Divine
* Draco Anthony
* Vish Kanya
* Mila Malani
* Blair Baldwin

All have been cut except Raelyn Divine who isn't in the mod, don't think she got to TV anyway.

• Like 1

Remove Goldberg from WWE: https://whatculture.com/wwe/goldbergs-wwe-contract-expires-is-now-free-agent

Just a thought, but do you think should NOAH, NWA & MLW be ranked higher? For example indies without tv shows like AAW-US and AIW are currently ranked ahead of them. I think the Top 11 is pretty much dead on but certainly in my own opinion those three a much more established and well known/perceived than some of those ahead of them.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic