MLB 2022

The Buscher

Padres make it official that CJ Abrams has made their Opening Day roster, bringing the total up to 4 of the top 10 prospects in the league making their debuts today. He joins Bobby Witt Jr, Julio Rodriguez, and Spencer Torkelson.

The fact that the new CBA grants a full year of service to the top 2 ROTY finalists in each league regardless of how long they played has given teams more incentive to just call players up now. Nice to see, always hated how they had to wait a few weeks to milk an extra year of control.

For him to turn that down can't really be taken any way other than he wants out of New York.

At the same time, it's hilarious to see the Yankees in damage control mode unlike I've ever seen before.  Teams almost never put the contract numbers out there.  By making these numbers public, the Yankees are trying to tell their fanbase that they not only made a real effort to lock up their homegrown star, but it's also the reason they didn't sign a star shortstop like everyone wanted and basically cheaped out the rest of their offseason.

7 hours ago, damhausen said:

This is honestly dumb by Aaron Judge. Unfortunately for him he's just a tad too old to get Bryce Harper money.

He's about 6 months older than Harper, but I get what you're saying. (ie, the age Harper was when he got that contract.)

Guess he's tired of being part of the Evil Empire. 

I fucking love Buck Showalter already.  Two games into the seasons and the Mets have already had three players hit in the head (McCann and Alonso yesterday, Lindor today).  After Lindor got hit, Buck was the first guy charging out of the dugout.

It doesn’t matter that none of these hit batters are intentional.  How can you be allowed to field a roster of guys with this little control?

• Like 1