MLB 2022

The Buscher

Everybody complained about the balls being juiced for years with everyone and their brother getting 20+ dingers a year and games turning into the home run derby.

Now 3 weeks into the season you've already seen a lot of stuff like this:  https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2022/2022-04/27/24788da7-8cc2e994-94d48f7d-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

An 83 MPH hanger hit 107 MPH off the bat with a 30 degree launch angle.  In the StatCast era, 94% of batted balls with that velocity and angle have been home runs.  It didn't even make the warning track.

MLB overcorrected the issue.

19 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

After being on a paid administrative leave since July, MLB has now announced that Trevor Bauer has received a 324-game (2-year) unpaid suspension effective today.

Is his career going to be effectively over by that point or will he come back?

It's another sign that the Wilpon days are over.  Cohen is willing to acknowledge the sunk cost and pay Cano $24 million in both 2022 and 2023.

NY writers will try to stir up shit about Cano's value inside the clubhouse and how getting rid of him might hurt team chemistry, but he provided no on-field value at all.  He was hitting just .195 with a .501 OPS and moreover, Buck realized there was no justification to keep him out there as he only played in 12 of 23 games.  His bat speed seemed to be gone which is probably the surest indicator there was no reason to expect him to turn things around.

The only question that remains is if any other team will bother to bring him in since it'll only cost the league minimum.

35 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

It's another sign that the Wilpon days are over.  Cohen is willing to acknowledge the sunk cost and pay Cano $24 million in both 2022 and 2023.

NY writers will try to stir up shit about Cano's value inside the clubhouse and how getting rid of him might hurt team chemistry, but he provided no on-field value at all.  He was hitting just .195 with a .501 OPS and moreover, Buck realized there was no justification to keep him out there as he only played in 12 of 23 games.  His bat speed seemed to be gone which is probably the surest indicator there was no reason to expect him to turn things around.

The only question that remains is if any other team will bother to bring him in since it'll only cost the league minimum.

He's 39 and tested positive for PEDs twice, so I doubt it.

Just came here to post that. You usually only see fans being scumbags (like the Yankees fans throwing garbage earlier this season) so it's always nice to see a heartwarming moment like that. 

• Like 1

Man, the Mets were losing 7-0 when I went into the theater to watch Dr. Strange, so imagine my surprise when I found out they won lol. I'm really enjoying the Mets so far this year. I hope they can keep it together.

• Like 4

Re-stating something frustrating from last year...

when you have a large lead, throw strikes and make the opposition earn their runs. Trent Thornton still hasn't figured that out. How he keeps getting looks from Charlie Boy and the team is beyond me.