EWR April 2022 Update

Better late than never. That said I added, edited and fixed a LOT of things.

I have numerous re-names done so I would suggest checking the pic change text file.

I also added a TON of pictures. I am including the super light update like I have in the past, but I would seriously suggest getting the Light if not the Full update file.

ROH is included as a part of AEW now. For now, I will not include ROH event names for AEW shows but I may in the future. I have added it as a brand within AEW since the belts are being treated as a part of AEW (just like the AAA Tag Titles and other belts AEW has had title defenses of.)

I updated a number of sponsors. A number of which were previously in the game and removed (Aaron's, Family Dollar, Stacker2) along with sports books, gambling companies and wrestling related companies (Blackcraft, Blxkmass, Teremana and Zoa.) Other sponsors have been updated if I noticed the slogans were out of date.

Super-Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3d4vet2yqdwgltp/April_2022_Super_Light.zip/file

Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qyv4ho188rj84ok/April_2022_Light.zip/file

Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/40toeqteald2bep/April_2022_Full.zip/file

Common FAQ:

Spoiler

How do I successfully place the files?

You can do this by one of two ways, by copying the folder itself or the files.

By folder:
Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
Right click and select copy.
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

By file:
Select all the files you want.
Right click and select copy
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Go into the sub-folder you are transferring over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

I would STRONGLY advise NOT to move the data files for a save file! Doing this can ruin morale for workers and mess with your title picture.

Also, I would do by file for updated pics, unless you do the full update

What is the difference between the full, light or super light update?

I post three updates each month, a Super Light, a Light and a Full update.

The Super Light update is just the DATA folder update for the new month. It is the smallest of the files and perfect if you update PICs, LOGOs and BANNERs yourself.

The Light update is the DATA folder update for the new month with PICs files. PICs for new adds (not workers who become staff or staff who become workers) are in the PIC folder. If I found updated PICs of workers or PICs of workers whom I haven't gotten a PIC of previously, it is in the Updated PICs folder. If a promotion changes its logo or has a new banner, I include a LOGO or BANNER folder.

The Full update is the DATA folder updated for the new month with everything. This is suggested for new users of EWR. This has every PIC of a worker or staff in the PIC folder. Every logo of a promotion in game whether playable or Japanese touring commitment in the PIC folder. It also includes a banner for every playable promotion in the game in the BANNER folder. The folders and files are in regardless of updates or not.

Included with every update is a pic update txt file. In the pic update, it shows for workers and staff with existing pic files, what their pic file path is in the new month's data.

You uploaded the files after the beginning of the month/I just found it and we are in the current month, why do I start in the next month? And how can I fix this?

EWR plays off of your computer's clock. Most Windows computers now run on internet calendars that have your time already set for you by default. When you play EWR, it goes by your computer's calender. If it says June and you are starting a game with the June data, you will actually stary your game in July, not June.

If you want to start a game in the actual month of the data update:
First, you want to make sure your computer's calendar is manual and not automatic. Automatic is your default calendar for most modern Windows versions. If you keep it automatic, you'll start in the next month. Depending on your version, this maybe different to turn off so I would Google the steps for your particular Windows OS.
Second, once your computer calendar is in manual, set your calendar back to the appropriate month. If you are using the current data, set your calendar back to sometime last month. If you are doing a classic update or a what if for a specific period, set it to the prefered period. Say for a WWF Invasion data starting in June 2001, you set to May 2001.
Third, create a new game as normal.
Finally, once the new game is running, you can set the computer calendar back to the present by manual or automatic.

What are these weird Japanese touring promotions that I never heard of?

The Japanese touring promotions are set by 12 promotions in Japan at the time of EWR 4-2's release in mid-2003. These are set by different stats or ticked boxes. For instance, a worker with shooting ability ticked, could get signed to BattlArts or PRIDE, but if they do not, they would not tour with BattleArts or PRIDE. Of the 12 promotions listed, only All Japan (AJPW), Big Japan (BJPW), FMW (now FMW and FMW-E), Michinoku Pro, New Japan (NJPW), NOAH, Toryumon (Dragon Gate) and Zero1 still exist. The rest cannot be edited, replace or removed since Ryland lost the source coding and moved on from freeware to software in the TEW series. I use WMF as DDT, but most are not used for other promotions. Since there is no Joshi touring promotions, Joshi wrestlers are fully "free agents" in the game as oppose to wrestling for Stardom or Tokyo Joshi Pro.

Why is worker X not added to WWE? Why is worker Y not renamed to worker Z? Why is worker A not WWE Cruiserweight Champion? Why is the WWE 24/7 title holder not current?

I go by what happens in the month most times. Unless I say it is based around a specific PPV event (namely WrestleMania) or draft, the update is intended to reflect the wrestling landscape as of the end of the month. If WWE releases people on the first, it will be reflected in the next month's update, even if I am late in posting it. If you wish to change it after you download it, be my guest. I just try to make it true to the game.

Some workers may not be renamed either due to changes after the calendar month ended or is using multiple names through different promotions. If a worker is in AAA, I typically use the AAA name like with Taurus despite being Black Taurus elsewhere (Impact, PWG, etc.) because I go with typically the biggest promotion they work in. This is why I recently changed the Penta and Fenix names.

In the specific case of the WWE 24/7 title, half the time it changes hand so often that we forget who actually is the current champ.

Why is worker T marked as male, they are transgender.

A few workers in the game namely Nyla Rose and Edith Surreal are trans wrestlers. Nyla is female because she wrestles females exclusively. Edith however is in the game as male since Edith wrestles both men and women. Due to the game being made in a time when male workers complained about putting female workers over (I'm guessing due to the whole Jeff Jarrett complaining about putting over Chyna), if Edith who identifies as female was booked over a male wrestler, the male wrestler would complain about putting over a female and losing morale. Should Edith win a Women's title, this would change it, but for simplicity, Edith is "male" for the game to cause less issues. The game was built during a time of binary genders (despite having Mexican exoticos who are male wrestlers who dress like females and act homosexual) and due to the source code being lost, there is no way to fix it so that a male worker will gladly put over a female. This is not me being a bigot, but playing to an arcane freeware game.

OK so everyone knows, I am working on updating the events for May's updates.

Also I am debating adding XPW back into the game.

Not sure what I should do with all the GCW off-shoots named JCW and L.A. Fights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Lineker changed the title to EWR April 2022 Update
2 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Thanks for the update. But I also noticed DEFY and The Wrestling Revolver have no money to their budget.

You mean you don't want the challenge of running a promotion with no money? I kid, I kid. They should be at 1.5m for DEFY and 1.4m for Revolver. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by mkpunk
  • Thanks 2

Brock Anderson is American, not brtitish.

I will do spell check for titles.. except AIW's Intense title.. 

aside from that, thanks for hard work

• Like 1

A few notes:

Going forward I am gonna make the alter ego file a bit heftier. I know this has been controversial in the past, but hear me out here. There are a number of workers that work as several gimmicks, let alone in the same promotion like the AAA Marvel wrestlers. Then you also have the rash of WWE re-names out there. I'm not gonna get crazy here, but I do want to include the recent WWE renames in so if you want to rename Gunter back to WALTER or Katana Chance to Kacy Catanazaro or the silly Pretty Deadly renames, you can and it isn't just for you. NOTE: for AAA's Marvel characters, I am only gonna keep the alter egos for the current ones not past workers.

I am in fact adding three promotions this month. All have been in EWR before. The CRASH (really hoping the roster is less fluid this time), CZW and XPW.

I am working on updating the Event file and organizing them. I think for unused months, I'm gonna use past names. Yes I know, some promotions have not ran shows in say June historically. The problem is the game will do it anyway. So I rather see PWG run another Smokey & the Bandido rather than PWG Monster's Ball (not a real name but anyone playing have seen weird names like that.)

Edited by mkpunk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Juciy Finau - MLW - Not sure if he is in the game, I did not see him when I looked. Not sure on ratings. From what I have seen of him, a standard super-heavyweight.

Journey Fatu - Jacob Fatu's brother. Both are in a tag team together called Fatus. Journey wrestles much like Jacob does only he is green.

And, for shits and giggles CYN needs to be in the game.

Briscoe Brothers - NWA

10 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

Speaking of names, Shea McCoy is still Molly McCoy even though they changed their name in September of last year. Also, Boomer Hatfield is now Weber Hatfield. 

In my defense, I have not heard of either of these re-names until now...

4 hours ago, Serotonin said:

Juciy Finau - MLW - Not sure if he is in the game, I did not see him when I looked. Not sure on ratings. From what I have seen of him, a standard super-heavyweight.

Journey Fatu - Jacob Fatu's brother. Both are in a tag team together called Fatus. Journey wrestles much like Jacob does only he is green.

And, for shits and giggles CYN needs to be in the game.

Briscoe Brothers - NWA

Control Your Narative has to run a bit more. XPW was added largely because most of the talent is in game. By looking at CYN, there would be quite a few I would need to add and most are people I never even heard of.

I left the Briscoes off of NWA since AFAIK the Crockett Cup was their only showing.

Journey Fatu is one of several workers I am actually already looking to add for the May update. 

Juciy Finau was not added. However, Juicy Finau was added due to his GCW/LA Fights showings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mkpunk said:

In my defense, I have not heard of either of these re-names until now...

Control Your Narative has to run a bit more. XPW was added largely because most of the talent is in game. By looking at CYN, there would be quite a few I would need to add and most are people I never even heard of.

I left the Briscoes off of NWA since AFAIK the Crockett Cup was their only showing.

Journey Fatu is one of several workers I am actually already looking to add for the May update. 

Juciy Finau was not added. However, Juicy Finau was added due to his GCW/LA Fights showings.

Briscoes have been on Powerrr weekly since the Crockett Cup. Likely going to be have a title match against the La Rebellion.

10 hours ago, Serotonin said:

Briscoes have been on Powerrr weekly since the Crockett Cup. Likely going to be have a title match against the La Rebellion.

I have caught that now (when double checking the Cagematch data) and it will reflect that in the May update.

Before I forgot, Janai Kai the Kick Demon has been someone I've been waiting to see put in the updates, especially since she's been part of GCW in the past and Bloodsport. I don't know her stats, but her martial artist background is something to go by.

23 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Before I forgot, Janai Kai the Kick Demon has been someone I've been waiting to see put in the updates, especially since she's been part of GCW in the past and Bloodsport. I don't know her stats, but her martial artist background is something to go by.

I could use stats since I have little knowledge on her.

23 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

Fingers crossed for Kidd Bandit in the May Update! 

I would need stats. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. This was actually the first time hearing of Bandit.

I ain't good with stats, so here's something from what I could see.

Janai Kai
Alter Ego: The Kick Demon
Female - Unknown - 24? (websites say she's in her mid 20s) - Lightweight
$6000 - Opener - Heel - Martial Artist/Arts
Speaks - Yes/American/Tornado Spin Kick or Spinning Heel Kick (Impact)/Rear Naked Choke (Sub)
BRAWL - 40/SPEED- 45/TECHNICAL - 55 (this is where the martial arts background comes in)/STIFFNESS - 45/SELLING - 75/OVER - high 30s (she's been on shows like AEW, GCW, Ring of Honor, and Mission Pro Wrestling)/CHARISMA - 55/ATTITUDE-84/ BEHAVIOUR - 86
Tick Diva and Menacing

• Like 2

Dan Lambert has weird stats : does he deserves 78 in brawl and 73 in technical ? He was doing the goofy manager bit vs. Jericho & cie. so I don't know if he is good.

Raise his charisma to 75 and make him a manager of Ethan Page, Scorpio Kid & PVZ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conker8 said:

Dan Lambert has weird stats : does he deserves 78 in brawl and 73 in technical ? He was doing the goofy manager bit vs. Jericho & cie. so I don't know if he is good.

Raise his charisma to 75 and make him a manager of Ethan Page, Scorpio Kid & PVZ.

MMA abilities included. Wrestling match wise is harder but many of the Pride or UFC related wrestlers had similar stats.

RIP Adam Windsor

"Wrestling star Adam Bryniarski, who was known as "Royal Stud" Adam Windsor has died at the age of 41. Adam Windsor, who was the first prized student of Dory Funk Jr.’s Funkin Conservatory, passed away on April 21 2022 due to heart issues"

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/04/21/royal-stud-adam-windsor-dead-at-41/

Edited by JeffitudeVer2.1

11 hours ago, JeffitudeVer2.1 said:

RIP Adam Windsor

"Wrestling star Adam Bryniarski, who was known as "Royal Stud" Adam Windsor has died at the age of 41. Adam Windsor, who was the first prized student of Dory Funk Jr.’s Funkin Conservatory, passed away on April 21 2022 due to heart issues"

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/04/21/royal-stud-adam-windsor-dead-at-41/

That was sad. Adam Windsor was removed from the game due to inactivity when the roster was streamlined in 2017.