Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

Yep I think they'll be fine. Either the Super League discussions will circle back around in a few years or because of their perceived importance they'll get some form of favorable support from a government or an ambitious multi-billionaire will save the day.

Certain clubs have crossed into an odd "too big to fail" echelon.

39 minutes ago, FLiam said:

It gets worse:

Honestly, I kind of want him to play with 'Jlingz' on the back just to see the reaction of Graeme Souness and Roy Keane.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

What are the rules on that? Can he?

No, I’m almost certain that he can’t. 

But I am sure that some Forest fans will purchase a shirt with exactly that on it. 

2 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

He looked set for PSG earlier in the window. Instead, West Ham. He's definitely rated highly.

West Ham spending almost £40m on an Italian striker screams flop to me. 

Yeah they had Di Canio and all, but Italian’s seem to rarely be a success in the Premier League. Which is odd. 

Just now, FLiam said:

No, I’m almost certain that he can’t. 

But I am sure that some Forest fans will purchase a shirt with exactly that on it. 

I just read the FA guidance and it is very not clear, it does say the player's name should be on there, but it also doesn't specify if nicknames are allowed. Given they have allowed Brazilian players to play with nicknames I think it would be hard to deny Jlingz, no matter how awful it is.

I've seen three separate Kounde stories this morning.

He's 99% a Chelsea player.

He's 99% a Barcelona player.

Sevilla has had zero contact with Barca about the transfer.

I mean Barcelona's entire mission this summer appears to be waiting for Chelsea to identify targets and then conjuring money out of thin air to pinch them, so that's all par for the course.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I mean Barcelona's entire mission this summer appears to be waiting for Chelsea to identify targets and then conjuring money out of thin air to pinch them, so that's all par for the course.

Not nice when the shoe is on the other foot, is it <_< 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Colly said:

If we include Brazilians it's Mirandinha, though granted not on shirts...

I think one potential difference with these is that Juninho and Mirandinha were their "trading names" whereas I don't expect Mr Lingard to start going by JLingz on a permanent basis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Not nice when the shoe is on the other foot, is it <_< 

If they would at least wait until after the player(s) have had a medical, then it would be objectively funny.

Here's another way to look at Milan, Leeds, and Club Brugge.

Milan will probably be offering a higher salary than Leeds for CDK, Leeds offers more money to Brugge, instead of the player--because EPL teams salaries aren't as insane as you think, particularly at the Leeds level.

Or, let's say the salaries are even, if you're CDK, why in the living fuck would you want to go to Leeds? I'll also tell you why I doubt Leeds match us on salary: because CDK at 2.5m would be the highest earner at Leeds by a big margin. The highest paid player at Leeds makes 3m pounds, gross, about 3.5m euros, which means around 1.76m euros net. We paid Conti and Musacchio (2m each) more than that. Caldara makes more (2.2m). RR did (2.1m). Suso (3m) made nearly twice that--just as a point of comparison.

So many people are saying: "oh, look at Brugge, they set an asking price," who gives a shit? Lol. It's a negotiated price, the kid doesn't have a price tag on him, lol. Otherwise, you wouldn't be taking Milan's calls.

Why can't Leeds just offer 6m-a-year? They can't, because over 5 years, that's 60m. They're putting more money in the pockets of other teams than their players.

Even if the salary offers were the same (which I doubt they are), why would you trade CL football for a relegation fight? Leeds just sold their two best players, the pitch is "hey, we can get you to a dream move."

I know some of you don't want to face this fact, but, Milan, you know what? Milan is kinda a dream move. It's not Arsenal. It's not Dortmund. It's Milan. Champions of Italy Milan. All the nostalgia bullshit is starting. We make a run in the CL? Jesus, the hype will be nauseating. And think about this, if you're CDK: Maldini believes in you. When you walk into training you might walk past Capello or Seedorf one day. Who does Leeds have? Exactly.

I swear, I cannot stand the whole "EPL moneyyyyyy" garbage. I can't. We make more money than West Ham, Leeds, and Leicester. We have higher payrolls, too. We have tax benefits that allow us to pay better salaries (which we did even before the tax benefits [which is why we couldn't SELL these fodder players, because they made too much here])--and everyone is like "why not pay 5m more?"

If Brugge has this super president who has made so much money, and the kid is pure profit (he's an academy player)--what's a 3m difference? If you love the kid, why not let him have his dream move now? Why go to Leeds when you can go to Milan?

Would you rather learn under the guy who got fired by Leipzig and has no track record of developing players? Or would you rather learn under Pioli who has made young players become world-beaters? Come the fuck on.

At the end-of-the-day, our offer puts more money into CDK's hands than in his club's. I'd rather put money into our players than in other clubs' coffers. And I don't even care about CDK, I just can't stand how so many of you are approaching this, because it's not even about EPL money, because we make more than these teams. We just aren't willing to pay a stupid price.

That's why there's all this stupid handwaving over the fact that PSG paid less money for Ekitike than West Ham are paying for Scammacca. But no one is saying "holy shit, West Ham beat PSG!" No, West Ham are overpaying for him, and I like Scammacca. PSG are being smart... for once! Are we really going to pretend that PSG couldn't pay 45m for Scammacca? Or the 40+7m? Of course they could. Of course they could, but they're not. So just maybe, just maybe, apply that logic to your Milan, and you'll realize: "shit, maybe Maldini knows what he's doing."

Just maybe.

If nothing else I'm glad this summer has been spent getting Milan and Barcelona fans' knickers in a twist. How dare little old Leeds bid for a player? And how dare Brugges not accept a lesser because they're the great AC Milan? Fuck off and go have a look in the bargain aisle you potless chancers... And give us back our Cup Winners Cup trophy while you're at it, you thieving, cheating Italian cunts.