Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

On 05/05/2022 at 18:11, Baddar said:

Fab just posted the huge news regarding Paul Dummett's new contract at Newcastle. He's staying for another season.

3 games this season and he’s getting extended. Not a bad living.

On 23/04/2022 at 13:15, damhausen said:

Despite fast approaching 20 years of actively following and supporting Newcastle United, when I see someone write or hear someone say "United" I immediately think it's Manchester United they're referring to. As @METALMAN suggested, much has to do with us not being able to call them "Manchester". 

But I have noticed when people say "Sheffield" they mean Sheffield United and "Wednesday" is reserved for Sheffield Wednesday. 

It's interesting how clubs are discussed and referred to in kind of a common slang that someone totally unfamiliar with or new to following the Premier League, etc would be completely confused about.

As one of the board's resident Sheffielders, I can tell you the clubs literally just call each other United and Wednesday. We'd never use 'Sheffield' for one over the other. In fact, if you say 'Sheffield' here, we're more likely thinking you're referring to Sheffield FC (world's oldest football club). 

• Like 4

I'm surprised it's taken this long, or did that clause only activate within this window or something? Because you'd think he'd easily be worth double that.

Still, Man City? Clearly should have come home to his boyhood club...

4 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Bayern Munich are going after Sadio Mane this window supposedly. Have to think Liverpool will be tempted given he only has a year left on his contract and they already have Diaz and Jota as replacements.

I would imagine that depends on the outcome of Salah's contract renewal.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't know why you don't all just call them scum, it's much simpler. 🤔

We save that for Leeds :ph34r:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, King Ellis said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long, or did that clause only activate within this window or something? Because you'd think he'd easily be worth double that.

Still, Man City? Clearly should have come home to his boyhood club...

Mitrovic's record would be shattered

Can't wait for Haaland to join City, they go on to win the title and Pep moans that people talk about other teams because no one cares about them rather than enjoying the fact they're going to win the league