Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

16 hours ago, Naitch said:

Do people who live within 10km of multiple stadiums (Liverpool, Nottingham, London, etc) get to choose their team or are they forced to support the nearest team in this scenario? I feel sorry for people whose biggest club in that catchment area play at the 11th level of the football pyramid, which is certainly the case in some areas of Norfolk.

As  a kid here it was definitely Liverpool or Everton, or get ostracized at school (or worse), I feel there is no a bit more of a culture of kids supporting both big and small though, I know a load of kids at the last school I taught at in Liverpool supported either red or blue, but also their local teams like Bootle FC, Prescot Cables, Marine, etc. It was the cheaper alternative and they get to build their own camaraderie there.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

This is honestly madddd.

Like, he’s been here a while, but it is still such a strange thing. 

Mathematically safe from relegation with Leeds doing Leeds things this week. So all told, a pretty good few days.

Paul Pogba looks like he’ll be returning to Juventus in the summer. 

It’s kind of mad how he’s technically a United academy player but United would have paid Juventus £89m for him whilst he would have had two separate spells at Juventus for free.

10 minutes ago, Lineker said:

"City have got Haaland so that's me stuck here then" 

:shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Surely they don't sign him and Mbappe though.

Mbappe would be the Son, not the Kane though, right?

Unless you mean they aren't going to spend that much in which case, it's Real Madrid they do what they want

I don't think Kane will go to Madrid simply because I never even see his name anywhere (I did last summer a tiny bit but not since). If there was any interest, such a big name would have been mentioned by the local press often, at least the same way Haaland or even Pogba were mentioned every single day and they didn't get those either. The press makes up stuff that eventually doesn't happen. This is the opposite. I can't imagine such a big signing going under the radar.

Mbappe will obviously be their main goal this season. Bale is leaving. Rudiger and Fran Garcia are done deals with Marcelo leaving and Tchouameni supposedly not far. 

I suppose if they don't get Mbappe they may try someone else and Kane could be an option, but to be fair they need a Mbappe much more than they need a Kane. 

I don’t see why they would need Kane though with Benzema there? I actually can’t figure out where else he might fit with City getting Haaland? It’ll never happen but I guess there’s an opening in PSG or if Lewa leaves to Barca this season then Bayern? Every other big club seems to have their main number 9 secured.

• Admin

Divock Origi is poised to join Milan when his Liverpool deal expires this summer. The forward has agreed the move and is waiting to take a medical and sign the contract.

Origi has been at Liverpool since 2015 and has scored some notable goals, including two against Barcelona during the famous Champions League semi-final comeback at Anfield in 2019 and the winner at home to Everton a year earlier.

He has been unable to hold down a regular place, though, exemplified by starting two Premier League games over the past two seasons, and hopes to get more playing time at Milan. He spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Wolfsburg.

The Belgium international has 22 goals from 107 Premier League games for Liverpool and could get a farewell appearance at home to Wolves on Sunday. Milan play at Sassuolo on Sunday knowing a win would guarantee them a first Serie A title since 2011.

• Sad 1