TEW20 Real World Update: May 2022

Here is the update for May, there is both a lot and not much added this month, not much in the fact that not a lot of people were added (full list in the editor), but a lot in the fact that I've added a load of mentor/protege relationships related to trainer/trainee, a little over 3,000 were added, I worked through Wrestlingdata's list, there are a few Mexican's that I didn't cover, but due to the amounts I need to go through them with the mass editor. There is also a change in how AEW and ROH are linked, AEW no longer "own" ROH, having that would block loans and trades between the promotions, there is still not much concrete on how their relationship is, it currently looks like extra props for AEW TV. Beyond that not many major changes, just the typical updated and additions you'd expect each month. I've probably missed a few things to feel free to rant and rave about them here.

Enjoy

Database: May 2022
Graphics: May 2022

Workers: January 2022 (Last KyKy Pack)
Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Also @JohnnyNitro from last month

Just a thought, but do you think should NOAH, NWA & MLW be ranked higher? For example indies without tv shows like AAW-US and AIW are currently ranked ahead of them. I think the Top 11 is pretty much dead on but certainly in my own opinion those three a much more established and well known/perceived than some of those ahead of them.

It's the whole weird priorities of popularity in each regions and how they equate to size levels.

I'm open up to changing pop levels, for the most part those outside the big feds have 30-50 in their home region, I'd argue most indies should be in the 20-40 range in their home region, very few work outside their home region I'd even argue GCW are the only ones that do. The NWA and MLW are still very regionally focused, they are in the same boat as NXT and Impact, they don't really tour but their TV puts out national coverage.

As for Japan, I'm not big on their current state, I know it's basically NJPW and Stardom that are the big sellers, AJPW and NOAH dropped siginificantly, I currently have NOAH slightly below DDT, I'd be down to matching their pop and having them around the same level.

On 02/05/2022 at 11:03, TheWho87 said:

Also @JohnnyNitro from last month

It's the whole weird priorities of popularity in each regions and how they equate to size levels.

I'm open up to changing pop levels, for the most part those outside the big feds have 30-50 in their home region, I'd argue most indies should be in the 20-40 range in their home region, very few work outside their home region I'd even argue GCW are the only ones that do. The NWA and MLW are still very regionally focused, they are in the same boat as NXT and Impact, they don't really tour but their TV puts out national coverage.

As for Japan, I'm not big on their current state, I know it's basically NJPW and Stardom that are the big sellers, AJPW and NOAH dropped siginificantly, I currently have NOAH slightly below DDT, I'd be down to matching their pop and having them around the same level.

NOAH is I think on par with DDT. NOAH had a hot 2021 into 2022. NOAH is once again on an upswing, even as NJPW is actually on a downswing in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Los Perros del Mal de Japón has seen a shake-up.

Ikuto Hidaka left the group when NOSAWA and Kotaro Suzuki joined Eita in Dragon Gate as Perros (they debuted as Metal Warriors.)

NOSAWA, Kotaro Suzuki and Eita are Open The Triangle Gate champs and have also returned to NOAH attacking STINGER. So NOSAWA, Suzuki and Eita should be in both NOAH and Dragon Gate.

Also NOAH and Dragon Gate should have an agreement. They have shared some talent in the past year (Eita, Masaaki Mochizuki, Shuji Kondo and now NOSAWA and Suzuki) and now have an agreement for an office called Toryumon CASA which will help with the learning excursions for young wrestlers. Junta Miyawaki is the first to have a learning excursion through CASA.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic