AEW: Fight Forever

On 04/05/2022 at 16:55, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Diamante or no buys.

17 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

STOP YELLING AT NYLA'S ASS

Leaving in Statlander floating in the air at 38 seconds is a curious decision. But as long as it plays like a smooth version of No Mercy, which I'm pretty sure they're interested in, it'll be an instant win.

Gameplay is obviously the most important thing but I sure as hell hope there's a good CAW system with a lot of spots in place because just trying to narrow the roster down to 50 is kinda tough.  I had a roster of 70 I'd come up with when discussing the game with a friend a few months back and just taking 20 out of it is tough.  This is what I came up with after paring it down:

Men, Singles (18):  Adam Cole, Adam Page, Andrade El Idolo, Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho, Christian Cage, CM Punk, Eddie Kingston, Jon Moxley, Kenny Omega, Lance Archer, Malakai Black, Matt Hardy, Miro, MJF, Orange Cassidy, PAC, Sammy Guevara

Tag Teams (8):  Darby Allin/Sting, Evil Uno/Stu Grayson, FTR, Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus, Lucha Brothers, Santana/Ortiz, Team Taz (Starks/Hobbs), The Young Bucks

Women (8):  Dr. Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, Jade Cargill, Kris Statlander, Nyla Rose, Riho, Ruby Soho, Thunder Rosa

Legends (8):  Arn Anderson, Jake Roberts, Mark Henry, Mr. Brodie Lee, Paul Wight, Owen Hart, Taz, Tully Blanchard

I'd be relatively surprised if any of those active male wrestlers were excluded with maybe the exception of Uno/Grayson who, as much as I love, weren't exactly a focal point of TV.  But Uno's been involved with AEW Games and it'd make for some somewhat awkward streaming if he got left out, plus it allows you to do hopefully do fun trios stuff with Brodie.  Would suck if Stu has to get removed.

Women's roster feels unfortunately light, reminiscent of the old SmackDown games, although in fairness it's not really that disproportionate from the number of women on the AEW roster to the men, it just is highlighted that much more when you have to shrink things down this much.

Legends-wise, Owen's confirmed and there's no way Brodie can't be in this.  The other legends I figure would be playable versions of other on-air personnel.  Roberts (Archer), Taz (Team Taz), and Tully (FTR) have "clients" in the game as well and I figure Arn would too for Cody, who I can only assume is now out.

Personally, I've never been a big legends guy, I'd happily trade the legend versions of the managers out for TayJay, Wardlow, etc.  But we'll see.  Mind they also say "around 50" so it's not like 50 the definite hard cap.

• Like 2

I wonder who will be the completely random feeling replacement for Cody in the story modes.

ADRENALINE

IN MY SOUL

HERE HE COMES EVIL UNO

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

I wonder who will be the completely random feeling replacement for Cody in the story modes.

If they really want to pay tribute to No Mercy, the greatest possible option would be to put Steven Richards in as a legend just for this role.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Stevie did some shows in a Miami indy and a local top heel used the RTC theme to mock him but the indy was so under the radar that any legal action would have been pointless, however WWE asked them to change a tag team's name under legal threat so.... maybe?

I am prepared for this to have even less content than they are kind of alluding here to. It's fine - I'll likely end up purchasing it anyways just to support AEW and the idea of having more games like this somewhere down the line, but if the reports about friction between the companies are in any way true as well, I'm guessing that Kenny and the other people involved deeply in this are having a harsh lesson in vision vs. ability to execute.

Everyone wants to talk about No Mercy, but that was multiple games deep into an engine that had some pretty revolutionary features for its time. They're starting from the base here and I can't help but feel like features that wrestling games NEVER got right (and I have high doubts they ever will) like online play could've taken a bit of a backseat.

• Like 6

As long as the story/career mode isn't almost 100% based off social media interactions, I'm fine with all of this. I don't care much about Create-A-Wrestler, since pretty much the only CAWs I download in 2K22 are the AEW roster (working on getting the entire roster, with renders - got all of the signed women on their website so far).

I'll just be happy to have a wrestling game with CM Punk officially in it again.

I don't think that the limitations brought up in that article will be all that big of a deal for most of us.

A limited creation suite, to me, more implies that it will be easier to use and basically anybody could just create their own wrestlers and do so successfully. I'm thinking it'll be more in line with what we grew up with, where we'd be able to post formulas that could be copied just as easily as you would download someone's work for WWE 2k22.

Of course, more options are always nice, but that doesn't always mean better.

If the game has replayability, and I can create the bulk of the AEW roster that didn't make the cut, I'll be happy.

Ideally, I'm hoping for some type of Universe or GM style mode, but a career mode like No Mercy's that I can go through several times over is more than enough for the first outing. Any GM or Universe mode would be the icing on the cake for me.

I do wonder though, if they would be open to the idea of adding modes via DLC. If the game releases with just Exhibition and Career, does well, and I can then choose to pay extra for an Elite GM Mode or something like that, I'll be happy to give them my money.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Ideally, I'm hoping for some type of Universe or GM style mode, but a career mode like No Mercy's that I can go through several times over is more than enough for the first outing. Any GM or Universe mode would be the icing on the cake for me.

I do wonder though, if they would be open to the idea of adding modes via DLC. If the game releases with just Exhibition and Career, does well, and I can then choose to pay extra for an Elite GM Mode or something like that, I'll be happy to give them my money.

It's already been said outright that you shouldn't expect a GM or Universe mode, they want people to play their mobile game for that. There will be a career mode but there's no hint as to whether it's branching or if it's more in line with what the Impact Wrestling game was... which I see as possibly the more likely scenario.