Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Think you'll find the best right back in England and the universe had a very good game defensively and was quite rubbish attacking yesterday. It was his counterpart - the best left back in England who was shocking defensively. 

I didn't watch it, was a safe assumption he'd have been shite one end or the other.

2 hours ago, Colly said:

I didn't watch it, was a safe assumption he'd have been shite one end or the other.

He is an awful player like. Hasn't done anything in football whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

A nothing game but you can't really complain at going away to SJP and coming away with a point, especially with the form that Newcastle have been in and the favourable results for us amongst the other relegation candidates today. Next month or two is pretty massive since we're playing a bunch of them so hopefully we hit some form and establish a bit of a gap.

Really even (and shit) game, I thought Leeds edged it chancewise at least for the first hour. Off days for Trippier and particularly Bruno really impact us while we persist with Burn at left back as we're too one dimensional.

To the Leeds fans, is there a reason why every goal kick is an identical hoof to Struijk on the left? I think the best it ever achieved was a single throw in to you, which seemed to be followed by ironic applause. Every other one just went straight out for our throw. Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

Really even (and shit) game, I thought Leeds edged it chancewise at least for the first hour. Off days for Trippier and particularly Bruno really impact us while we persist with Burn at left back as we're too one dimensional.

To the Leeds fans, is there a reason why every goal kick is an identical hoof to Struijk on the left? I think the best it ever achieved was a single throw in to you, which seemed to be followed by ironic applause. Every other one just went straight out for our throw. Bizarre.

Yes, Jesse Marsch has the tactical nous of a gerbil.

I'm surprised you thought it was even, I'm struggling to remember anything even remotely resembling a chance. On the other hand, we're so fucked when we inevitably sell Meslier for a Mars bar and a can of cherry coke.

It felt like we controlled possession, but none of those chances felt particularly clean cut until late on and Leeds looked dangerous on the break. I really can't remember Meslier making a save of note, while Pope made one cracker and was scrambling a few times. The big flaw with xG remains the fact all it really measures is the position of opportunities, and Joelinton and Longstaff on their weaker feet will have contributed to that score despite being half chances at best.

• Like 1

Gonna keep distracting myself with the fake goal of Chelsea being "only 19 points behind Arsenal~!", because concentrating on an irrelevant measuring stick is less painful than looking at how 4th place becomes more difficult each week.

14 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

I'm gradually coming to terms with the upcoming Kaney unsufferableness.

Come now, after how many years missing St Totteringhams day you wouldn't begrudge me one, little, teeny premier league title would you?

• Haha 2