Sky Bet EFL 2022/23

Lineker

32 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I've only just realised this was in the same game and only got a yellow!

This happened after about 5 minutes, Osadebe has a broken leg and Ravenhill was immediately substituted by our manager after receiving the yellow card.

My immediate reaction was straight red, and I could see the lad's leg dangling so knew it was bad. That said, it is more of a slide and follow-through than an outright lunge. A minute before, Ravenhill was kicked up in the air and no foul was given so I feel he was retaliating.

The atmosphere was toxic thereafter which is likely why Tomlin did what he did near half time. An utter joke that was, we've signed him after a month-long trial when his career looks about over, and he said that he hadn't been enjoying football the last few years and was finally happy again. Then he goes and does all that...ridiculous. I'd be happy if his Rovers career was over after one game to be honest.

Oh, and we got a 0-0 draw out of this. Mark Hughes wasn't very pleased, but his team were woeful in front of goal and we were almost comfortable despite having ten men and finishing the game with six defenders on.

2 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Interesting first day in the league with some of the results.

Hope if any of you went to the matches that it was a nice day out. 

It was Bradford and raining buckets all afternoon. So I did not enjoy myself!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Two own goals in two minutes of stoppage time, to draw 2-2.

Fuck sake.

Not too dissimilar to how the goals were chucked away in the cup at Oxford last week as well!

Rovers scored an injury time goal to earn the win - third game running we have scored at the death to either win or draw a game. Unbeaten and showing some real resilience, great to see.