2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

5 hours ago, michgcs said:

So I got League Pass this year, but... it doesn't include tomorrow's NBA Draft?

Any way to watch it if I don't have ESPN and can't get ESPN+?

Probably not. NBA is not known to be streamer friendly. 

On that note, @Lineker please could we have a 2022/2023 thread with the draft being tonight?

I have no idea if the Magic will pick Smith or Holmgren, common sense says Smith, but the Magic's love of tall guys they can train makes me think they'll go Holmgren.

Smith is going number 1, Chet 2, and Banchero 3. After that it'll be really interesting.

My bigger predictions are the Wizards move the 10th pick to try and bring in a player to complement Beal. Johnny Davis falls to the teens. Ivey probably goes at 5 or 6 since apparently Sacramento doesn't want him.

DeAngelo Russell could be moved tonight in terms of veteran players getting traded. Lakers will try and create offers for someone to take Westbrook off their hands and fail miserably.

• Like 1

Lots of rumors with the Jazz and tonight. We don't have a pick and apparently want one. Seen rumors involving Conley and Royce O'Neale, plus the ever-present talk of trading Gobert. With Danny Ainge on board, I have no doubt that we will almost get something done.

If dumping Grant turns into them signing Ayton that's a fantastic move.   Cade/Ayton/Bey and whoever they draft tonight is a great young core.

• Like 1

Watching these teams like the Pistons and the Thunder making moves to improve their teams while the Jazz don't do jackshit make me even more disappointed tonight then I expected to be.

16 hours ago, Pooker said:

Probably not. NBA is not known to be streamer friendly. 

Just to update, turns out I still did get the Draft on League Pass, they just didn't show it on the Games section before today.

Every year it baffles me just how bad the NBA draft is, from the ridiculous rules regarding trades requiring verification, to the presentation (the crowd barely being audible, presenters talking or coughing on a live mic when the picks are announced) to simply the presence of Stephen A Smith.

That said, the expected picks not happening added some intrigue.

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Every year it baffles me just how bad the NBA draft is, from the ridiculous rules regarding trades requiring verification, to the presentation (the crowd barely being audible, presenters talking or coughing on a live mic when the picks are announced) to simply the presence of Stephen A Smith.

That said, the expected picks not happening added some intrigue.

Whats your thoughts on the T wolves moves?