2022–23 NBA season

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, michgcs said:

So I got League Pass this year, but... it doesn't include tomorrow's NBA Draft?

Any way to watch it if I don't have ESPN and can't get ESPN+?

Probably not. NBA is not known to be streamer friendly. 

On that note, @Lineker please could we have a 2022/2023 thread with the draft being tonight?

I have no idea if the Magic will pick Smith or Holmgren, common sense says Smith, but the Magic's love of tall guys they can train makes me think they'll go Holmgren.

Smith is going number 1, Chet 2, and Banchero 3. After that it'll be really interesting.

My bigger predictions are the Wizards move the 10th pick to try and bring in a player to complement Beal. Johnny Davis falls to the teens. Ivey probably goes at 5 or 6 since apparently Sacramento doesn't want him.

DeAngelo Russell could be moved tonight in terms of veteran players getting traded. Lakers will try and create offers for someone to take Westbrook off their hands and fail miserably.

• Like 1

Lots of rumors with the Jazz and tonight. We don't have a pick and apparently want one. Seen rumors involving Conley and Royce O'Neale, plus the ever-present talk of trading Gobert. With Danny Ainge on board, I have no doubt that we will almost get something done.

If dumping Grant turns into them signing Ayton that's a fantastic move.   Cade/Ayton/Bey and whoever they draft tonight is a great young core.

• Like 1

Watching these teams like the Pistons and the Thunder making moves to improve their teams while the Jazz don't do jackshit make me even more disappointed tonight then I expected to be.

Yea, I didn’t realize we made the trade for Duren. I know fuck all about college basketball, but looks like a good athletic big? 

Also, Kemba Walker, not a bad vet to bring off the bench.

Nevermind...Kembas getting a buyout.

16 hours ago, Pooker said:

Probably not. NBA is not known to be streamer friendly. 

Just to update, turns out I still did get the Draft on League Pass, they just didn't show it on the Games section before today.

Every year it baffles me just how bad the NBA draft is, from the ridiculous rules regarding trades requiring verification, to the presentation (the crowd barely being audible, presenters talking or coughing on a live mic when the picks are announced) to simply the presence of Stephen A Smith.

That said, the expected picks not happening added some intrigue.

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Every year it baffles me just how bad the NBA draft is, from the ridiculous rules regarding trades requiring verification, to the presentation (the crowd barely being audible, presenters talking or coughing on a live mic when the picks are announced) to simply the presence of Stephen A Smith.

Whats your thoughts on the T wolves moves?

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

ESPN is horrible. Jay Bilas and Woj were barely with it and kept stumbling over their words. The female announcer had no clue about basketball. Kendrick Perkins has the dumbest opinions I've ever heard. I'm glad the portions I watched didn't include Stephen A.

And why are we showing highlights of current players when comparing them to the drafted players? I've seen Ja Morant play. I haven't seen too much of Jaden Ivey.

And on a more personal note, seeing all these young college players wear necklaces and watches and rings worth thousands of dollars drives me nuts.

Was happy to see when I woke up this morning that the Jazz signed both Kofi Cockburn and Johnny Juzang. Juzang is an interesting pick up, as I feel like he has lots of potential. Cockburn is a throw back center, but redundant with us already having Udoka Azubuike on the roster.

5 hours ago, Krabby said:

Whats your thoughts on the T wolves moves?

It's taken me quite a while to work out who we actually have thanks to the trades, but Walker Kessler looks like he could be a very impactful defender. I can't see much of an issue with pushing KAT out to PF at this point if they want Kessler and KAT to play together. I'll be interested to see what we do with Wendell Moore, I assume he'll be a bench player for a while though. And we drafted an Italian, which pleases me.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

ESPN is horrible. Jay Bilas and Woj were barely with it and kept stumbling over their words. The female announcer had no clue about basketball. Kendrick Perkins has the dumbest opinions I've ever heard. I'm glad the portions I watched didn't include Stephen A.

I think we got the ABC coverage in the UK, which was Stephen A complaining about the Knicks for the whole time, and openly admitting he didn't know much about various players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Sounds like both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant might both be on their way out if Brooklyn.

So whatever that is worth.. Just win a ring and leave me be already, Kyrie!