2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

24 minutes ago, damhausen said:

The fact the Spurs didn't even flinch when releasing him says a lot. So many teams would've waited even a few extra days before making a decision.

And yet they claim the "facts" are wrong in response to the lawsuit

8 minutes ago, Krabby said:

And yet they claim the "facts" are wrong in response to the lawsuit

Yeah, like, you released him as soon as you were about to have a lawsuit brought against you. So they clearly had done their own investigation of some kind into it well before releasing him, they totally knew what was going on.

I didn't phrase it well but a lot of teams if they didn't know would've held off a few days to make a decision while they conducted an investigation.

• Like 1

He’s garbage.  A complete moron who thinks he’s a genius because he’s surrounded himself with idiot yes men that are dumber than he is.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I suspect before too long the Nets are going to trade Durant and blow it up. Simmons is a completely broken basketball player, Kyrie is a horrible person, they have no assets to get more help. I think they can get a lot for Durant to quickly then move and build around.

Word on the street is that pretty much every team considers Kyrie is "radioactive"

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

He’s garbage.  A complete moron who thinks he’s a genius because he’s surrounded himself with idiot yes men that are dumber than he is.  

He's the basketball version of Kanye West. 

I wonder if this is basically it for Kyrie. I think a lot of damage has been done and while there's obviously the possibility of that he stays because there's money to be made off him, I can see a scenario where he's removed from the NBA. 

22 minutes ago, LL! said:

I wonder if this is basically it for Kyrie. I think a lot of damage has been done and while there's obviously the possibility of that he stays because there's money to be made off him, I can see a scenario where he's removed from the NBA. 

Seeing he's only suspended for 5 games and will probably be back even with his extremely shaky apology, I think he really has to go full nuclear for the league to throw him out.

He's one of the league's biggest stars in terms of name and performance, and that will protect him from prosecution until his production falls off and his toxic personality starts outweighing his on-court performances.

Stuff like this just furthers the fact that it's all self-serving anyways. Kyrie apologizes because he's losing money, not because he's learned his way. The Nets only suspended him because it was unavoidable to save face in the most Jewish area in the USA.

But even the Nets felt like playing him for multiple games even as the controversy was stirring.

And the league's still practically sitting on their hands other than Silver saying he's going to talk to Kyrie.

It's dynamite for the NBA to deliberately go out of its way to ban Kyrie or permanently suspend him. This isn't a sexual assault issue, it's (theoretically) something that could be fixed by just presenting the facts despite mountains of evidence once people dive into antisemitism they don't come back.

So you basically send a message that "using your voice" carries with it punitive, league-enforced punishments. It's super risky, and unless Kyrie doubles down repeatedly it's going to be an absolute mess to try to say he can't play just because he's got reprehensible views.

The Nets just not playing him is not an issue, but the league can't really step in. And if all the teams blackball him it could create a mess if word gets out they conspired to all not sign him or trade for him in lieu of an official suspension.

Supposedly they've been trying to trade him for a few weeks and nobody wants him so I don't think the league will have to really do anything anyways. Maybe things change throughout the season but he could just end up out of the league. 

Especially if things like this continue.