2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

6 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Every year it baffles me just how bad the NBA draft is, from the ridiculous rules regarding trades requiring verification, to the presentation (the crowd barely being audible, presenters talking or coughing on a live mic when the picks are announced) to simply the presence of Stephen A Smith.

That said, the expected picks not happening added some intrigue.

ESPN is horrible. Jay Bilas and Woj were barely with it and kept stumbling over their words. The female announcer had no clue about basketball. Kendrick Perkins has the dumbest opinions I've ever heard. I'm glad the portions I watched didn't include Stephen A.

And why are we showing highlights of current players when comparing them to the drafted players? I've seen Ja Morant play. I haven't seen too much of Jaden Ivey.

And on a more personal note, seeing all these young college players wear necklaces and watches and rings worth thousands of dollars drives me nuts.

Was happy to see when I woke up this morning that the Jazz signed both Kofi Cockburn and Johnny Juzang. Juzang is an interesting pick up, as I feel like he has lots of potential. Cockburn is a throw back center, but redundant with us already having Udoka Azubuike on the roster.

5 hours ago, Krabby said:

Whats your thoughts on the T wolves moves?

It's taken me quite a while to work out who we actually have thanks to the trades, but Walker Kessler looks like he could be a very impactful defender. I can't see much of an issue with pushing KAT out to PF at this point if they want Kessler and KAT to play together. I'll be interested to see what we do with Wendell Moore, I assume he'll be a bench player for a while though. And we drafted an Italian, which pleases me.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

ESPN is horrible. Jay Bilas and Woj were barely with it and kept stumbling over their words. The female announcer had no clue about basketball. Kendrick Perkins has the dumbest opinions I've ever heard. I'm glad the portions I watched didn't include Stephen A.

I think we got the ABC coverage in the UK, which was Stephen A complaining about the Knicks for the whole time, and openly admitting he didn't know much about various players.

• Like 1

Lakers will find a way to trade for him.

John Wall had declined his player option with the Rockets and plans to join Kawhi and Paul George on the injured list for the Clippers.

On 23/06/2022 at 09:20, Pooker said:

Probably not. NBA is not known to be streamer friendly. 

pretty crazy not to be when you have, easily, the youngest audience among the 4 major US sports by average age

9 hours ago, completeunknown said:

pretty crazy not to be when you have, easily, the youngest audience among the 4 major US sports by average age

Yep, I agree. The NBA likes to sign long media deals, and I'm hoping that things change a lot in the next few years. For me, the Jazz just ended their local media deal and our owner had indicated that he wants to find someway to get a deal with more streaming access. League pass has always sucks for local teams, so I'm hoping something changes with that soon.

Murray will work just fine I think. They got him for his defense since Young doesn't play defense. It's a good backcourt duo assuming Murray buys in.

3 1sts isn't much in the current NBA environment of assets and with how good G League player development is these days. Especially since they're presumably all going to fall in the 20s.

10 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'd be lying if I said I understood how Murray and Trae are going to work as a tandem. One of them is going to have to switch to not being a primary ball-handler.

Eurgh. I mean I knew it was coming, but eurgh. Don't even understand the purpose of this.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Eurgh. I mean I knew it was coming, but eurgh. Don't even understand the purpose of this.

I don't know if Pop is retiring and they're going to bottom out over the next few seasons but from a Spurs perspective it's high time they collected as many future picks as possible while they search for the next franchise cornerstone. 

I think Murray is an ideal number 2 guy but not the player you build around.

2 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

The Nets are working with Durant to try and find him a trade. What a disaster that signing turned out to be for the Nets.

That's not even most important news for the Nets today. They traded a 2023 first round pick to the Jazz for Royce O'Neale.