2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

Dear basketball Gods, I don't pray to you very often, but if you can heal Joe Ingles' knee fast enough to let him throw some lops to Giannis, I will forever be in your debt. And if they win a title this year, Giannis will be my hero for getting Joe a title. 

Zach LaVine is staying with the Bulls, which has surprised me.

The Celtics are trading to get Malcolm Brogdon. 

Otto Porter Jr is leaving the Warriors to join the Raptors, and Gary Payton II is joining the Trail Blazers.

My favourite news is that the Summer League is trialing making a take foul into a free throw and keeping possession, which will hopefully get rid of the deliberate fouls stopping fast breaks.

There's also this:

• Sad 1

$110 million for Brunson?

Any time the Knicks ever have a time where they look like they might not be a joke, it lasts a year and then reverts back to the norm.

Although looking at it, he's only the 15th highest paid PG in the league so maybe this is just the going rate at the moment.  Still need a lot more help.

Oh. Well this is awkward, because I've greatly disliked Gobert since his COVID "joke" right at the beginning of the pandemic. 

Still he's a very good defender, and with no first round picks until seemingly the next decade it means I won't have to stay up all night for a draft for a long, long time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Oh. Well this is awkward, because I've greatly disliked Gobert since his COVID "joke" right at the beginning of the pandemic. 

Still he's a very good defender, and with no first round picks until seemingly the next decade it means I won't have to stay up all night for a draft for a long, long time.

The challenge you'll have with Goebert is late in a close playoff game, he needs to be subbed out on offense. But overall I think he's a big piece that the Wolves missed.

Danny Ainge in Utah is doing the same thing he did in Boston, wheelin and dealin.

I assume the Pat Bev's of this trade are getting flipped or bought out. All about accumulating draft capital for Utah to build up a team around Mitchell over the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Utah did not put the right players around Rudy. If you have some solid wing defenders, and players that can stay in front of their man, you'll see Rudy take his game to another level. And, I think you'll find, that he's a much better offensive player then you give him credit for. He's an excellent lob catcher, sets some crazy screens, and doesn't demand the ball, but can still get you 16 points a game.

Reports are that the Jazz want to retool around Mitchell, and as much as I hate it, Pat Bev would be an excellent guard to have next to Mitchell.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Utah did not put the right players around Rudy. If you have some solid wing defenders, and players that can stay in front of their man, you'll see Rudy take his game to another level. And, I think you'll find, that he's a much better offensive player then you give him credit for. He's an excellent lob catcher, sets some crazy screens, and doesn't demand the ball, but can still get you 16 points a game.

Reports are that the Jazz want to retool around Mitchell, and as much as I hate it, Pat Bev would be an excellent guard to have next to Mitchell.

64% from the line for his career is why you have to sub him off. Him being able to do more offensively wouldn't help in the close games because teams would just foul him right away and hope he misses 1.