2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

It seems the Wolves might have blown up KD's trade plans. Our ridiculous haul of players and picks for Gobert has the Nets wanting even more than that for KD, and nobody is remotely interested in offering it.

Yeah and there's this huge issue with Ben Simmons being on the roster meaning they can't have half the guys they'd probably want as a return as part of the deal since he's on a rookie max deal (I think that's it, either way they can't trade for a player with the same deal).

I think he's going to wind up staying in Brooklyn and putting on a happy face once they start winning with him and whoever else is there, be it Kyrie or someone else. He's locked in to a 4 year deal, he doesn't have as much leverage as he thinks anyway.

Can't have two players signed to a rookie max extension deal that have been traded to your team. Example, both Donovan Mitchell and Ben Simmons signed max extensions from their rookie deals, but Simmons was traded. So, the Nets could not trade for Mitchell, unless they traded away Simmons. But, the Jazz could trade for Simmons, even with Mitchell on the team.

• Like 1

It's been trending in the direction that someone would give Ainge enough to make the move. Very strange trade in the sense that they felt like a team closer to the top than further away, but if they had no way to get that missing piece and they felt Goebert and Mitchell's value would never be higher a reset makes a fair bit of sense.

Ainge deserves the benefit of the doubt but I can't see lightning striking for what will essentially be a third time.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

It's been trending in the direction that someone would give Ainge enough to make the move. Very strange trade in the sense that they felt like a team closer to the top than further away, but if they had no way to get that missing piece and they felt Goebert and Mitchell's value would never be higher a reset makes a fair bit of sense.

Ainge deserves the benefit of the doubt but I can't see lightning striking for what will essentially be a third time.

Is it really lightning if it strikes twice and maybe 3 times? I think it it happens again the dude deserves his flowers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, damhausen said:

To be fair this was said behind closed doors and then someone just went and leaked it all anyway.

True. I read it as coming from Durant as first, my apologies there. It's entirely possible that it was the Nets that leaked it, but I would doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...