2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

17 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Durant is staying in Brooklyn. Sounds like Nash is staying as well.

oh goodness, they must have all seen how ridiculous they were being and gotten over it? Nets were not getting offers anywhere near what they wanted, understandably, and Durant's rep was taking a beating seemingly. Team could be dangerous if they are on the same page but they'll need someone to emerge as the heart of the team to make a deep playoff run

I think they'll be the same as last year. Make a little noise in the regular season, get hyped up by the media to be unbeatable, then blow it in the playoffs and we'll be right back here again next year.

But, now that he's confirmed he's staying, I'm wondering how the rest of the off season is going to go. Does Irving or Westbrook get moved? What about Mitchell? Does Melo go back to Denver?

• Like 2

Yeah it's reasonable to think some moves are about to pick up again. Everyone was waiting on the Durant saga before they did anything because if there's a finite chance you can land Kevin Durant you don't do anything else until that door is closed.

Brooklyn might be better next year assuming they don't tinker and put efforts on finding good bench support to fill out the roster. East is extremely deep and I have a tough time seeing them making it out of there though.

• Like 1

Brooklyn was hard to root for before, this year is going to be so much more. I've been over Kyrie, KD soured me a lot this off-season and I've never liked Ben Simmons. I'm sure a championship heals some wounds but I don't see this team winning one. 100% something is going to go down to cause more drama and Kyrie will find a reason to miss half the season again.

I miss my D'Lo, Dinwiddie, Caris and Jarrett Allen group that just balled out and fell short. :(

• Like 1

Too many people in the tiny arena. Lebron announced he would be there and it made a gym that already had heat problems even worse. I don't see a problem with the players playing in pro-am games, cause they're going to be playing anyway. Plus, it's cool for the fans that don't normally get to see them.

But, the organizers and the big superstars need to be smarter about it, making sure the gyms are good/safe enough for the players and the fans.

In surprising news, NBA League Pass will only be $100 for the whole season, down 60% from last year's price.

I cancelled it last month as it was something I simply couldn't afford to pay $250 for, but I'll probably re-sign up now once it's available.