College Football 2022

The 2022 season isn't that close to starting but we have a schedule to start making plans off of.

Big news, though while not technically 2022 news. The biggest recruiting saga of this decade has a (possible) conclusion.

If he decides to decommit, which in this day and age is always a possibility though perhaps less so for a kid who is already rich behind our wildest dreams, the internet will collapse under horns down gifs.

The Mannings are very calculated, and if Arch wanted to play week 1 of freshman year, he would've put himself in a situation where that was a guarantee.  But instead he wound up at Texas who just landed the highly touted Quinn Ewers, who is only a sophomore himself so he'd need to play at least two years.

It's strange to imagine Arch redshirting after all the hype, but if the goal really is to just get to the NFL as soon as possible, redshirting a year and then only having to put his body at risk for two seasons might be his best bet.

So it's Ewers in 2022 and unless he completely shits the bed, 2023 as well.  Then Arch in 2024 and 2025.  If Arch lives up to the hype and is the clear cut #1 pick he'll be in the exact spot Peyton was where he can decide if the NFL team he'll end up on is worth it, or if he'd rather stay in school longer.

• Like 3

On 23/06/2022 at 12:45, Maxx said:

Do we want to try the college fantasy football league again?

Yahoo discontinued it.

10 hours ago, CM Busch said:

The Mannings are very calculated, and if Arch wanted to play week 1 of freshman year, he would've put himself in a situation where that was a guarantee.  But instead he wound up at Texas who just landed the highly touted Quinn Ewers, who is only a sophomore himself so he'd need to play at least two years.

It's strange to imagine Arch redshirting after all the hype, but if the goal really is to just get to the NFL as soon as possible, redshirting a year and then only having to put his body at risk for two seasons might be his best bet.

So it's Ewers in 2022 and unless he completely shits the bed, 2023 as well.  Then Arch in 2024 and 2025.  If Arch lives up to the hype and is the clear cut #1 pick he'll be in the exact spot Peyton was where he can decide if the NFL team he'll end up on is worth it, or if he'd rather stay in school longer.

If he's drafted by the Colts, he should definitely stay in school. Commanders, too, if Snyder is still the owner by then. 

God damn it, every time the Utes start to get good, have an amazing season, something happens to their conference. First it was them joining the Pac 12, now it's the Pac 12 falling apart.

15 hours ago, damhausen said:

And that basically completes the inevitable death of the Pac-12. A west coast league can never make enough in TV revenue.

We're what 5-7 years from the Big Ten, SEC, and maybe one other conference completely breaking from the NCAA?

At least this time I will know to cherish the NCAA Football video games we get.

• Like 1

Man, still blown away by this move. Ever since realignment really got rolling, I've always felt like the Pac-12 would stick together. The original 8 had been together since the 1920s! 

I don't think I'm very happy with it, as a fan. Financially it's the right move, but I love the Pac-12, I love west coast football, and now it's going to be gone.

18 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Oregon and Washington have reportedly also contacted the Big 10 about joining.

So yeah, RIP PAC-12

Big 10 said nah, not yet.  Their admission apparently hinges on whether or not Notre Dame joins.  No Notre Dame?  Big 16.  Notre Dame?  Big 20 (Big10x2)

Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina and either Virginia or Miami sound like they are soon to be SEC bound.

Credit for keeping the expansion somewhat regional.