EWR August 2022 Update

This was a somewhat unintended big update. Not how I intended this month to be.

Firstly, I have gone back to something of EWR updates of old. Most (I cannot say all changes as I started doing this this past week) changes are logged in a Read Me file in every zip folder. 

I deleted United Wrestling Network as it has gone rather hard to update. Ohio Valley Wrestling maybe on the chopping block as well. 

I have added C4 back into the game as a promotion.

I made GCW's sub-brands their own companies. JCW has a dummy owner with Ricky O (their old owner before it was sold in 2015 to become GCW as we know it) while LA Fights does not (I don't know who is the lead booker, that would be my best guess if they aren't a worker.) This was done as an attempt to streamline the GCW roster.

I have tried to streamline the rosters of a number of promotions namely GCW and PWG are the big ones.

The only promotions without owners that were addressed in the thread for the July update are as follows: CYN and TWR. This is because both are owned by in game workers and I would rather not have the dreaded duplicate issue with owners.

I added a good number of workers (a number of WWE developmental signings) and most have placeholder finishers. Please if you know finishers, let me know.

With Japan touring commitments, I have removed the DDT workers from WMF. I am sticking to the promotions that still are in existance in game. The rest will add workers as the game goes on.

I will say this, I am looking to do graduate school for a masters degree in special education starting in January, so the Janaury update will be my last or at the very least, the updates will be much smaller.

August 2022 Super-Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/spm7t9p7yrg21li/August_2022_Super_Light.zip/file

August 2022 Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f82n3teob4o457c/August_2022_Light.zip/file

August 2022 Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nveq5xdbsykuo4e/August_2022_Full.zip/file

How tos and FAQs:

Spoiler

How to successfully import data:

You can do this by one of two ways, by copying the folder itself or the files.

By folder:
Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
Right click and select copy.
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

By file:
Select all the files you want.
Right click and select copy
Go into the sub-folder you are transferring over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)

I would STRONGLY advise NOT to move the data files for a save file! Doing this can ruin morale for workers and mess with your title picture.

Also, I would do by file for updated pics, unless you do the full update.

Clock Management:

EWR plays off of your computer's clock. Most Windows computers now run on internet calendars that have your time already set for you by default. When you play EWR, it goes by your computer's calender. If it says June and you are starting a game with the June data, you will actually stary your game in July, not June.

If you want to start a game in the actual month of the data update:
First, you want to make sure your computer's calendar is manual and not automatic. Automatic is your default calendar for most modern Windows versions. If you keep it automatic, you'll start in the next month. Depending on your version, this maybe different to turn off so I would Google the steps for your particular Windows OS.
Second, once your computer calendar is in manual, set your calendar back to the appropriate month. If you are using the current data, set your calendar back to sometime last month. If you are doing a classic update or a what if for a specific period, set it to the prefered period. Say for a WWF Invasion data starting in June 2001, you set to May 2001.
Third, create a new game as normal.
Finally, once the new game is running, you can set the computer calendar back to the present by manual or automatic.

What is a full, light or super light update?

I post three updates each month, a Super Light, a Light and a Full update.

The Super Light update is just the DATA folder update for the new month. It is the smallest of the files and perfect if you update PICs, LOGOs and BANNERs yourself.

The Light update is the DATA folder update for the new month with PICs files. PICs for new adds (not workers who become staff or staff who become workers) are in the PIC folder. If I found updated PICs of workers or PICs of workers whom I haven't gotten a PIC of previously, it is in the Updated PICs folder. If a promotion changes its logo or has a new banner, I include a LOGO or BANNER folder.

The Full update is the DATA folder updated for the new month with everything. This is suggested for new users of EWR. This has every PIC of a worker or staff in the PIC folder. Every logo of a promotion in game whether playable or Japanese touring commitment in the PIC folder. It also includes a banner for every playable promotion in the game in the BANNER folder. The folders and files are in regardless of updates or not.

Included with every update is a pic update txt file. In the pic update, it shows for workers and staff with existing pic files, what their pic file path is in the new month's data.

What are these weird Japanese touring promotions that I never heard of?

The Japanese touring promotions are set by 12 promotions in Japan at the time of EWR 4-2's release in mid-2003. These are set by different stats or ticked boxes. For instance, a worker with shooting ability ticked, could get signed to BattlArts or PRIDE, but if they do not, they would not tour with BattleArts or PRIDE. Of the 12 promotions listed, only All Japan (AJPW), Big Japan (BJPW), FMW (now FMW and FMW-E), Michinoku Pro, New Japan (NJPW), NOAH, Toryumon (Dragon Gate) and Zero1 still exist. The rest cannot be edited, replace or removed since Ryland lost the source coding and moved on from freeware to software in the TEW series. Since there is no Joshi touring promotions, Joshi wrestlers are fully "free agents" in the game as oppose to wrestling for Stardom or Tokyo Joshi Pro.

Why is worker T marked as male, they are transgender?

A few workers in the game namely Nyla Rose and Edith Surreal are trans wrestlers. Nyla is female because she wrestles females exclusively. Edith however is male since Edith wrestles both men and women. Due to the game being made in a time when male workers complained about putting female workers over, if Edith who identifies as female was booked over a male wrestler, the male wrestler would complain about putting over a female. Should Edith win a Women's title, this would change it, but for simplicity, Edith is "male" for the game to cause less issues. The game was built during a time of binary genders (despite having Mexican exoticos) and due to the source code being lost, there is no way to fix it so that a male worker will gladly put over a female. This is not me being a bigot, but playing to an arcane freeware game.

• Thanks 5

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic
On 31/07/2022 at 22:48, mkpunk said:

This was a somewhat unintended big update. Not how I intended this month to be.

Firstly, I have gone back to something of EWR updates of old. Most (I cannot say all changes as I started doing this this past week) changes are logged in a Read Me file in every zip folder. 

I deleted United Wrestling Network as it has gone rather hard to update. Ohio Valley Wrestling maybe on the chopping block as well. 

I have added C4 back into the game as a promotion.

I made GCW's sub-brands their own companies. JCW has a dummy owner with Ricky O (their old owner before it was sold in 2015 to become GCW as we know it) while LA Fights does not (I don't know who is the lead booker, that would be my best guess if they aren't a worker.) This was done as an attempt to streamline the GCW roster.

I have tried to streamline the rosters of a number of promotions namely GCW and PWG are the big ones.

The only promotions without owners that were addressed in the thread for the July update are as follows: CYN and TWR. This is because both are owned by in game workers and I would rather not have the dreaded duplicate issue with owners.

I added a good number of workers (a number of WWE developmental signings) and most have placeholder finishers. Please if you know finishers, let me know.

With Japan touring commitments, I have removed the DDT workers from WMF. I am sticking to the promotions that still are in existance in game. The rest will add workers as the game goes on.

I will say this, I am looking to do graduate school for a masters degree in special education starting in January, so the Janaury update will be my last or at the very least, the updates will be much smaller.

August 2022 Super-Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/spm7t9p7yrg21li/August_2022_Super_Light.zip/file

August 2022 Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f82n3teob4o457c/August_2022_Light.zip/file

August 2022 Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nveq5xdbsykuo4e/August_2022_Full.zip/file

How tos and FAQs:

Reveal hidden contents

How to successfully import data:

You can do this by one of two ways, by copying the folder itself or the files.

By folder:
Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
Right click and select copy.

By file:
Select all the files you want.
Right click and select copy
Go into the sub-folder you are transferring over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)

I would STRONGLY advise NOT to move the data files for a save file! Doing this can ruin morale for workers and mess with your title picture.

Also, I would do by file for updated pics, unless you do the full update.

Clock Management:

EWR plays off of your computer's clock. Most Windows computers now run on internet calendars that have your time already set for you by default. When you play EWR, it goes by your computer's calender. If it says June and you are starting a game with the June data, you will actually stary your game in July, not June.

If you want to start a game in the actual month of the data update:
First, you want to make sure your computer's calendar is manual and not automatic. Automatic is your default calendar for most modern Windows versions. If you keep it automatic, you'll start in the next month. Depending on your version, this maybe different to turn off so I would Google the steps for your particular Windows OS.
Second, once your computer calendar is in manual, set your calendar back to the appropriate month. If you are using the current data, set your calendar back to sometime last month. If you are doing a classic update or a what if for a specific period, set it to the prefered period. Say for a WWF Invasion data starting in June 2001, you set to May 2001.
Third, create a new game as normal.
Finally, once the new game is running, you can set the computer calendar back to the present by manual or automatic.

What is a full, light or super light update?

I post three updates each month, a Super Light, a Light and a Full update.

The Super Light update is just the DATA folder update for the new month. It is the smallest of the files and perfect if you update PICs, LOGOs and BANNERs yourself.

The Light update is the DATA folder update for the new month with PICs files. PICs for new adds (not workers who become staff or staff who become workers) are in the PIC folder. If I found updated PICs of workers or PICs of workers whom I haven't gotten a PIC of previously, it is in the Updated PICs folder. If a promotion changes its logo or has a new banner, I include a LOGO or BANNER folder.

The Full update is the DATA folder updated for the new month with everything. This is suggested for new users of EWR. This has every PIC of a worker or staff in the PIC folder. Every logo of a promotion in game whether playable or Japanese touring commitment in the PIC folder. It also includes a banner for every playable promotion in the game in the BANNER folder. The folders and files are in regardless of updates or not.

Included with every update is a pic update txt file. In the pic update, it shows for workers and staff with existing pic files, what their pic file path is in the new month's data.

What are these weird Japanese touring promotions that I never heard of?

The Japanese touring promotions are set by 12 promotions in Japan at the time of EWR 4-2's release in mid-2003. These are set by different stats or ticked boxes. For instance, a worker with shooting ability ticked, could get signed to BattlArts or PRIDE, but if they do not, they would not tour with BattleArts or PRIDE. Of the 12 promotions listed, only All Japan (AJPW), Big Japan (BJPW), FMW (now FMW and FMW-E), Michinoku Pro, New Japan (NJPW), NOAH, Toryumon (Dragon Gate) and Zero1 still exist. The rest cannot be edited, replace or removed since Ryland lost the source coding and moved on from freeware to software in the TEW series. Since there is no Joshi touring promotions, Joshi wrestlers are fully "free agents" in the game as oppose to wrestling for Stardom or Tokyo Joshi Pro.

Why is worker T marked as male, they are transgender?

A few workers in the game namely Nyla Rose and Edith Surreal are trans wrestlers. Nyla is female because she wrestles females exclusively. Edith however is male since Edith wrestles both men and women. Due to the game being made in a time when male workers complained about putting female workers over, if Edith who identifies as female was booked over a male wrestler, the male wrestler would complain about putting over a female. Should Edith win a Women's title, this would change it, but for simplicity, Edith is "male" for the game to cause less issues. The game was built during a time of binary genders (despite having Mexican exoticos) and due to the source code being lost, there is no way to fix it so that a male worker will gladly put over a female. This is not me being a bigot, but playing to an arcane freeware game.

This Jedediah “JC” Koszweski fellow could work as owner or booker for CYN, he seems to be a big part of the promotion according to this article

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/05/10/ec3-and-jc-control-your-narrative/

Great work, as always. NWA roster could use some updating. Jazz hasn't been used since EmPowerr for her retirement match, Austin Aries was only there for the Junior Heavyweight thing. Like with IMPACT, The IInspiration have been gone from Impact since April focusing on non-wrestling work.

I was scrolling around and found that Kid Lykos II, Danny Deals, Jasmin St. Claire, Misha Montana, & Veronica Caine have blank finishers, and I've found wrestlers with all zero stats:
Aiden Prince
Bryson Montana
Gabe Wai
Gina DeLucia
Titus Alexander

Aiden English has retired from wrestling to be a commentator full-time; since I believe he's both in the scenario, the wrestler can likely be deleted in favor of the announcer.

23 hours ago, Reflecto Is My Favorite Poster said:

Aiden English has retired from wrestling to be a commentator full-time; since I believe he's both in the scenario, the wrestler can likely be deleted in favor of the announcer.

I know he was at the end of the year. I have done just that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Speaking of wrestlers, because of his recent stuff on the indies, is Double J being put back into the system?

He is also in WWE as "Senior Vice-President of Live Events" I honestly don't like moving wrestlers back and forth between being a staff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 11:47, EWFan2004 said:

Speaking of wrestlers, because of his recent stuff on the indies, is Double J being put back into the system?

Given his departure from WWE (again), I'm not as sure as I once was. I'll check if he becomes more and more consistent as a wrestler before adding him back in. He seemed to have only wrestled the GCW show and the Flair farewell match. Haven't heard him booked elsewhere, yet.

46 minutes ago, mkpunk said:

Given his departure from WWE (again), I'm not as sure as I once was. I'll check if he becomes more and more consistent as a wrestler before adding him back in. He seemed to have only wrestled the GCW show and the Flair farewell match. Haven't heard him booked elsewhere, yet.

He appeared at AAA's first of three Triplemania shows this year, before going back to WWE, and seemed to set up a tag team match with him and Rey Escorpion against Latin Lover and Vampiro. So seeing if they pick that up again for Triplemania in October will be a good indication; though I don't think there's another match announcement press conference scheduled 'til September.

Almost impossible at this rate, the companies were never meant to handle as much talent as they have - maybe raising their oneness a bit would help (an overness review in WWE and AEW might be needed anyways anyways) but back in the day, split scenarios for Raw/Smackdown were popular in part to solve this issue.

1 hour ago, WeirdViper said:

idk if there is a way to make it work right, but be good if there was a way to stop WWE from releasing some of the talent they are pushing irl (Liv, Kross/Scarlett, Theory, etc)

It is based on how many workers the game's source code. Each promotion level has a set amount of guys the game ideally wants on the roster. This is why you see a ton of releases early in the game if you play as a promotion of smaller stature or if you put that you get all releases and signings to be announced in your news feed.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Almost impossible at this rate, the companies were never meant to handle as much talent as they have - maybe raising their oneness a bit would help (an overness review in WWE and AEW might be needed anyways anyways) but back in the day, split scenarios for Raw/Smackdown were popular in part to solve this issue.

It wouldn't. I have been debating raising WWE's PI. AEW has been stuck at lower ratings than this time last year.

Edit: In other news I'll post the update on Labor Day (next monday) to reflect the major events Labor Day weekend.

Edited by mkpunk

2 hours ago, WeirdViper said:

idk if there is a way to make it work right, but be good if there was a way to stop WWE from releasing some of the talent they are pushing irl (Liv, Kross/Scarlett, Theory, etc)

Go the data editor before starting a game, put the wwe talent that isn't in the main roster on open contract.This will help to avoid some releases of people being pushed. I simulate a game to see who that may be pushed get released and increase the overness.

9 hours ago, angeluzcr said:

Go the data editor before starting a game, put the wwe talent that isn't in the main roster on open contract.This will help to avoid some releases of people being pushed. I simulate a game to see who that may be pushed get released and increase the overness.

That works to a point. The issue also is how big the roster is and how small EWR thinks the roster should ideally be.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic