Football Manager 2023

Lineker

Well, they can't not have a photo of their face making some kind of dramatic expression. How else would people know to click on the video for fun and or excitement?

m8 I’m sorry but I wouldn’t watch a  35 year old dad with bad skin and a neckbeard playing FM for fun and excitement. I’d watch it because there’s nobody nearby willing to drive a pneumatic drill into my skull and this is a more convenient replacement.

None of the Euro Truck Simulator streamers do this nonsense. In Euro Truck Simulator it’s all about the truck, not the silly faces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Doctor Benjy is the only ok one. The other one you linked is awful, his actual catchphrase (because of course they have to have ones) is "come on lads, do a football". Ffs.

To be fair, Lollujo has actively cultivated a younger audience than most FM youtubers and part of that is his character.

Yeah, they made a point of saying people skip the draws but this will make them more likely to take part. I'd question that though, for most people they'll do it the first time for the novelty and then never again.

I appreciate the idea though that it's in place for all the UEFA stuff; Champions League, Europa League and Conference, so it adds to that sense of progression in a R2G type save where your first European football is likely either League or Conference but you still get that sense of spectacle as you would in the CL, like a "now we've arrived" moment.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEGA-Football-Manager-2023/dp/B0BDMVKTQ3/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=2QWL3LTU0Y6BB&keywords=football+manager+2023&qid=1665489852&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjA3IiwicXNhIjoiMC44NyIsInFzcCI6IjAuMjAifQ%3D%3D&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=football+manager%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-2

Forgive the crazy link, I'm on mobile. Anyway, discounted on Amazon if you're on prime to 28.79. cheaper than the FMtube affiliates of about 32.50. dunno if it'll go cheaper before launch anywhere so seems a good deal.

• Sad 1

Oldham Athletic springs to mind immediately, though I'm not sure how much you personally would be into that, I'm guessing they're not quite as high as Burnley on your shit list but they're probably on there somewhere.

But being the first former Premier League team to fall into non-league, the threat of Notts County and Wrexham as rivals for the limited promotion spots and the fact they're not doing too hot in real life makes them an interesting proposition for that traditional non-league 'road to glory' type save. Even if they're probably already starting at a slightly higher level in terms of reputation, facilities and stadium than most people are used to in that challenge.

23 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Derby County could be another fun game due to lack off finances available 

I think with the sale over the summer that their finances won’t be quite as bad as they were on FM22. That was a grim save.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

I think with the sale over the summer that their finances won’t be quite as bad as they were on FM22. That was a grim save.

I heard you would normally get new owners in pretty quick, presumably tied to how FM doesn't seem to handle financial difficulties too well and seems to fall over itself to fix them for you. 

But it almost sounded like you could do a Pokémon shiny hunt sort of thing and just keep restarting until you for a tycoon.