Football Manager 2023

Lineker

Do you reckon he messaged the other three 'Can you send me some reaction photos for my thumbnails please? 50 should do it.'?

Started a game with Brighton. Suffering for a high pressing style in the last 10/15 minutes but it’s got me some decent results, especially at home.

Good record against the top clubs but struggling to breakdown the smaller clubs. Sat 10th in January though so I’ll take that. Flesh my squad out with youth/potential wonderkids.

Brighton is an interesting save. Your squad starts with some decent players and you have an influx of cash from player sales in the opening budget (£70m). So my strategy is very much to invest across a broad range of young players to maximise profit over the next 3-4 years and hopefully chip away at the bigger teams year on year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadJack said:

Pros do the thumbnail all at the same time just after you've finished recording.

MrBeast has six people employed just to make his thumbnails, which is wild.

There’s also strong evidence that shows videos with thumbnails that have quite a zoomed in face do actually overperform vs more generic alternatives. Kinda crazy how much thought goes into it in all fairness.

Meanwhile on my FM game (last year’s game), won the Champions League back to back with Villa, on course for my third straight Prem win, and agreed to sign the world player of the year runner up from Dortmund for £95m (regen who is equally able to play CM/ST). Think I might’ve completed this save. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

MrBeast has six people employed just to make his thumbnails, which is wild.

There’s also strong evidence that shows videos with thumbnails that have quite a zoomed in face do actually overperform vs more generic alternatives. Kinda crazy how much thought goes into it in all fairness.

A big part of it is that people are just more likely to click on something with a human face on it.

Ive seen YouTube creators A/B test thumbnails all the time. Philosophy Tube for example seems to sometimes upload one thumbnail and change it after a few hours along with the video title.

Switching around thumbnails and changing titles and updating tags all can have an impact on video performance.

My FM16 save is now in it's 9th season and I just noticed that Benfica and Porto have been sweeping up the European trophies for the last 3 years.

Benfica won the Champions League in 2022 under Rui Vitoria and 2024 under Zinedine Zidane. Porto won it in 2023 under José Peseiro who then retired to be replaced by Didier Deschamps. Porto didn't get passed the group stages in 2024 and dropped into the Europa League. Which they then won, meaning Porto were briefly the holders of both the Champions League AND Europa League.

The defeated Tottenham Hotspur in the final. Spurs have made the last 3 Europa League finals. In their first, in 2022, they beat West Ham (who had previously finished runners up to Liverpool in 2016). In 2023, they lost to Parkvilla and in 2024 they lost to Porto.

Other things that have cropped up: a David Moyes-led  Napoli have won Serie A and Greenock Morton have been taking over by a tycoon and finished 3rd in the SPL.

I've just lost 15 players to Euro 2024. Most of them to Ireland. So that's gonna be an interesting month.

Legitimately FM23 might be the funniest FM I've ever played.

unknown.png

Liverpool winning the league despite Haaland scoring about a million goals? Funny.

Man Utd winning the Carabao but then losing in the FA Cup final vs a terrible Southampton team so that Newcastle - who I lost to on the last day of the season to put them 6th - don't get Europe? Funny.

Spurs? Funny.

Chelsea? Very funny.

It's just a funny game.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 19:40, Bobfoc said:

I'm not sure if this will affect anyone here, but the PS5 version has been delayed to an as-yet unconfirmed date. Apparently, it's something to do with the submissions and approvals process.

Not entirely surprised about this - if things said previously about Sony's approval processes still are true (they were said in the mid to late 2010s) some of Sony's policies and processes for approval are still largely unchanged from the PS1 days, except when you know someone at Sony, and so can get shit like Life of Black Tiger not only on Sony's platforms, but promoted by their fucking official YouTube account.

Amazing string of news I just got regarding one of my players:

• West Ham bid 35 milion plus for Parkvilla's Gary Harding
  • Ireland beat Portgual 2-1 with 2 goals from Parkvilla wonderkid Gary Harding
  • Gary Harding becomes youngest ever Euros goalscorer.
  • Gary Harding has fallen in training and got a blood clot that will rule him out for 6 months
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Amazing string of news I just got regarding one of my players:

• West Ham bid 35 milion plus for Parkvilla's Gary Harding
  • Ireland beat Portgual 2-1 with 2 goals from Parkvilla wonderkid Gary Harding
  • Gary Harding becomes youngest ever Euros goalscorer.
  • Gary Harding has fallen in training and got a blood clot that will rule him out for 6 months

and then he rejected West Ham!

• Haha 1