EWR 2023 Update Thread

mkpunk

Hey I just wanted to check in. I started as a teacher right after Thanksgiving so I was busy with lesson planning so I was not able to put the December update together. Still planning January being my last. I will have a number of new workers to add for it. I am off after Tuesday so I'll bang this out along with working out and lesson planning for the next quarter.

Edit: anyone who has update notes PLEASE post them here.

Edited by mkpunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic
22 hours ago, WeirdViper said:

obvious ones, remove Mandy/Sasha from WWE

add Tegan to WWE (and change name)

add Bronson Reed to WWE 

change Reggie to Scripts

Regal to WWE

I'm torn on if William Regal should be added to be added to WWE, YET. He is starting in after the first of the year.

I know all signs point to Sasha being done with WWE but we still haven't heard a true confirmation.

20 hours ago, mkpunk said:

I'm torn on if William Regal should be added to be added to WWE, YET. He is starting in after the first of the year.

I know all signs point to Sasha being done with WWE but we still haven't heard a true confirmation.

i mean its been confirmed hes joining WWE in new year, and the update you are doing starts in January so makes sense to add him

Rhett Titus - He is marked as a Heavyweight, he should be a Lightweight.

King Haku - Marked as Lightweight, should be Heavyweight

Brian Johnson - Marked as Heavyweight, should be Heavyweight

Wolfgang - Marked as Lightweight, should be Heavyweight

La Rosa Negra - To NWA

Ashley D'Amboise - To NWA

Bully Ray - To NWA

Question Mark change name to Damage

Marshe Rockett name change to Carnage

Mashe Rockett removed from Church's Money.

Add Tyrus and Cyon to Church's Money

Create a stable - Black Glove Management - Leader  is Aron Stevens; add Carnage and Damage

1 hour ago, WeirdViper said:

Also saw Bucks are "unsackable" if this is because they are EVPs then Omega should be as well, unless there is another reason for it I find it odd 2 of 3 EVPs to be unsackable

Omega's was removed when he was belt collector in 2020 as AAA, AEW and Impact champion and never reverted.

Some staff changes

Renee Paquette and Ian Riccaboni to AEW.

FIt Finlay and Cathy Kelley back with WWE. Joseph Belcastro and Nigel McGuinness are gone from WWE. Jim Smallman is listed as a Writer for WWE on his Linkedin. 

On Regal would it make sense to make him a Road Agent or Producer in WWE? As the news is that he can not appear on screen in WWE as part of the agreement to leave AEW.

Tiger Hittori is now in talent relations in NJPW.  Takashi Iizuka and Hiroyuki Unno in NJPW. I believe there are more staff members in NJPW irl not in NJPWoA.

Gary Juster is now with MLW. I don't believe he is a writer anymore. I believe he is road agent for them.

Would it make sense to move D-Lo Brown to a Road Agent at this point in his career? He wrestles very rarely.

Same with Jimmy Jacobs in Impact. He is on the writing staff. However he does wrestle more often than D-Lo.

I believe it would make sense to make Freddie Prinze Jr. to Owner. As he is starting his own promotion soon.

12 hours ago, Repo_Man said:

Some staff changes

Renee Paquette and Ian Riccaboni to AEW.

FIt Finlay and Cathy Kelley back with WWE. Joseph Belcastro and Nigel McGuinness are gone from WWE. Jim Smallman is listed as a Writer for WWE on his Linkedin. 

On Regal would it make sense to make him a Road Agent or Producer in WWE? As the news is that he can not appear on screen in WWE as part of the agreement to leave AEW.

Tiger Hittori is now in talent relations in NJPW.  Takashi Iizuka and Hiroyuki Unno in NJPW. I believe there are more staff members in NJPW irl not in NJPWoA.

Gary Juster is now with MLW. I don't believe he is a writer anymore. I believe he is road agent for them.

Would it make sense to move D-Lo Brown to a Road Agent at this point in his career? He wrestles very rarely.

Same with Jimmy Jacobs in Impact. He is on the writing staff. However he does wrestle more often than D-Lo.

I believe it would make sense to make Freddie Prinze Jr. to Owner. As he is starting his own promotion soon.

New Japan of USA is a bit tough with staff. I typically go by who are the staff for USA operations, not New Japan itself. Yes, stables and titles are reflective of what goes on with New Japan proper.

On 29/12/2022 at 20:57, mkpunk said:

New Japan of USA is a bit tough with staff. I typically go by who are the staff for USA operations, not New Japan itself. Yes, stables and titles are reflective of what goes on with New Japan proper.

That's understandable. A few updates on various relationships:

These are wrestlers who are publicly in relationships:

Dante Martin and Skye Blue

Emma and Riddick Moss

Braun Strowman and Raquel Rodriguez

Gunther and Jinny

Bronn Breakker and Cora Jade

Bo Dallas and Liv Morgan

Jungle Boy and Anna Jay

Julia Hart and Lee Johnson are engaged

Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo are married

A couple of random wrestlers have the wrong nationalities

Katsushi Takemura, Gorgeous Matsuno, Mochi Miyag, Waka Tsukiyama, Misaki Tsukiyama and Kouki Iwasaki  are all set at American. They are all Japanese.

Pagano and Mini Abismo Negro II set at American. They are Mexican

15 hours ago, Repo_Man said:

That's understandable. A few updates on various relationships:

These are wrestlers who are publicly in relationships:

Dante Martin and Skye Blue

Emma and Riddick Moss

Braun Strowman and Raquel Rodriguez

Gunther and Jinny

Bronn Breakker and Cora Jade

Bo Dallas and Liv Morgan

Jungle Boy and Anna Jay

Julia Hart and Lee Johnson are engaged

Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo are married

A couple of random wrestlers have the wrong nationalities

Katsushi Takemura, Gorgeous Matsuno, Mochi Miyag, Waka Tsukiyama, Misaki Tsukiyama and Kouki Iwasaki  are all set at American. They are all Japanese.

Pagano and Mini Abismo Negro II set at American. They are Mexican

Mini Abismo Negro II is actually from El Paso, TX and not Mexican.

Hi all,

Long-time player here. Grateful for all of the dedication to mod updates over the years.

@mkpunk, I see that you plan on this one being your final update. Thank you for all of the hard work you have put in. Quick question for you ... when you are doing the updates, are you just doing so with the File Editor in EWR and creating a new game and uploading those data files for others to download? or is there a different way of going about doing these updates? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I only ask because I might find myself with some extra time moving forward and might be interested in preparing updates at some point for other players to utilize.

• Like 3