The January Transfer Window - 2023

Baddar

Gallagher doesn't go to Everton surely? Certainly not on a permanent deal. Isn't he supposed to be on the fringes of the England squad, he can kiss that goodbye if he ends up playing against Millwall and Reading next year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Gallagher doesn't go to Everton surely? Certainly not on a permanent deal. Isn't he supposed to be on the fringes of the England squad, he can kiss that goodbye if he ends up playing against Millwall and Reading next year

I read that he has already said he has no interest in going to Everton.

Its not even necessarily about him as a player for me, really. We're top of the league in an incredible position to actually win it out of nowhere, we desperately need some quality improvements and statement of intent type of signings and instead we go for...yet another Chelsea cast off? Its genuinely disheartening that we are in this position and yet still conducting business like amatuers.

Jorginho, aside from being a penalty taker, is such a weird fucking midfielder.

Can he score goals? Fuck no.
Can he make killer passes? Not really - and certainly not if put under any pressure.
Can he work in any kind of defensive capacity? LOL.
Can he get about the pitch and hustle the opposition? Not compared to any player five years younger.

I'd almost liken him to Mikel, but that would be doing Mikel's defensive work a real disservice.

...So yeah, please take him. :shifty: 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Can he make killer passes? Not really - and certainly not if put under any pressure.
Can he get about the pitch and hustle the opposition? Not compared to any player five years younger.

I'd almost liken him to Mikel, but that would be doing Mikel's defensive work a real disservice.

So he’s shit?

Allegedly Pedro Porro to Spurs is once again back on and he's flying in for his medical so I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow and finding out that that is not in fact what happened.

13 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Basically this. Jorginho is only worth having on the pitch to take penalties and if you have Kante covering his weaknesses... maybe Arsenal could take both off our hands? Sure, Kante's only fit enough to play for 5 minutes a season, but those 5 minutes are good enough for Arsenal, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Naitch said:

Basically this. Jorginho is only worth having on the pitch to take penalties and if you have Kante covering his weaknesses... maybe Arsenal could take both off our hands? Sure, Kante's only fit enough to play for 5 minutes a season, but those 5 minutes are good enough for Arsenal, I'm sure.

Hang on. I don't watch a great deal of English football but are Kante and Jorginho shit now? Last time I checked they were both really good.