Games We Complete In 2023

RPS

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

It's only taken me like 4 years but I've finally completed Breath of the Wild. 

You think that's bad?

It took me 20 years to complete Majora's Mask.

• Like 2

Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition.

Just over 130 hours.

Every side-quest (including Tickington, and the god-awful roulette jackpot) finished, Calasmos defeated. I finished the "main story" at 78 hours, and there's so much to wrap up and so much additional post-game content that it took me an additional 52 hours to do almost all of it.

There's still a few bits I haven't done - I don't have the trophies for crafting all wearable gear, or for levelling everyone up to level 99, I haven't cleared the secret trial on the Wheel of Harma, and I haven't defeated the insanely difficult optional end-game boss. But those are all the proper completionist stuff, I'm more than happy to consider the game finally done.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

What was your party?

Black Mage, Knight, White Mage, Monk for the fourth I'm pretty sure.

I blitzed through pretty much everything until the final boss. My Monk wasn't doing any damage so I reloaded my save from right before the fight and went and got Masamune to fix that. 

• Like 3

I finished Spiderman: Miles Morales a couple of days ago. It was on Playstation Plus, so I thought I might as well give it a look.

All in all, it's a fun superhero game. I prefer it to its predecessor because it didn't make you fight several waves of enemies to pad out the action sections. Otherwise, though, it's basically more of the same, which is fine. Swinging around the city is satisfying and the stealth/melee gameplay, while not as good as in the Batman Arkham games, is perfectly adequate.

With regards to the story, I'd euphemistically say that "it is what it is". It's completely predictable, even for someone like me who has little knowledge of the Spiderman lore, which I'd consider to be neither a good nor a bad thing. Mind you, I do remember someone saying that they cried at the ending, which seems utterly crackers to me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liam said:

How many hours?

I think I finished it in just under 60. My first time playing it was likely 5-15 hours longer. The Portable version makes traveling much quicker (and with being unable to control teammates, made things more difficult the first time around).

• Like 1

On 04/02/2023 at 15:18, Trey said:

My wife just beat Mass Effect 1 after I've been trying to get her to try it out for years so that's exciting stuff in this household. 

Never having played FemShep, watching all the main quest stuff has been the best part for me and I'm ready to get her started on 2

She beat 2 last night and got lucky with everyone surviving. After how 2 ended she's anxious about starting 3 which just shows how well they build the story arc over the games. 

I beat Hogwarts Legacy clocking in at 30 hours, a lot of fun with a combat system I'd like to see implemented elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 11:07, Kazuma KiRuki said:

What kinda game are you looking for/into at the moment?

I feel like I'm going to sub to PS+ and try something there. FF7 remake or Returnal. Any other suggestions?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I think Ghost of Tsushima is on there.

My better half has the PS4 version, but if it's the upgraded PS5 version maybe. It seemed very fun but I don't know if I have interest in an open world slog. 

4 hours ago, RPS said:

I feel like I'm going to sub to PS+ and try something there. FF7 remake or Returnal. Any other suggestions?  

Honestly, those are both great suggestions. The FF7 remake (and the DLC) has been one of my favorites in the past couple years, and Returnal was REALLY good, even though I sucked at it. And both should keep you busy for a long while. 

But a quick glace at the PS+ stuff: Horizon Forbidden West was a lot of fun. If you like the Yakuza games, Judgement was a very fun one... if you haven't played the Yakuza series, they have Yakuza 0 (and it seems like all the others)

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot I finished Cyberpunk 2077 the other day. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything but I really enjoyed myself which I imagine you would have to do to spend 70 hours of your life doing anything really :P Wondering what people chose at the end. I decided to

Spoiler

Go with the Aldecaldos. It was more an emotional choice than a logical one. Panam felt like a sister to me and I decided my Streetkid valued that above anything and if she was going out she was going out on one last ride with her sister. But that didn't happen! :w00t: 

We pulled off the big final mission and crossed the border as a family. My GF Judy even came with us! :D Even though Alt said I only had 6 months to live this seemed like a hopeful ending to me. I got freedom and happiness and they left it kind of open ended that we might be able to find someone to save me.

Did anyone actually let Johnny keep their body? Like I actually thought of him as a friend by the end when I thought he was the biggest douche on the planet when he first showed up but why doom yourself for him when he even tells you to go and does like his first unselfish thing ever? Also are the other choices worth playing through or is it basically the same mission with different NPCs?

• Like 2

Completed Midnight Suns tonight after roughly five weeks of playing an hour a day, I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed it. I did a Light side playthrough, and am looking forward to a few months down the line when I'll give it another go on the Dark side.

It's not perfect, graphically it's a bit lacking and I can understand how the gameplay wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I really hope we get a sequel for the story alone. The sales don't seem to be too favourable so perhaps it isn't likely, but surely 2K can spare some of the money they make off WWE and NBA microtransactions to fund it...

• Like 3